What is the origin of your rsn?

Beric

My name back in my early days of Xbox 360 was Windless Storm. I guess I got tired of it and at the time I know I really liked Elder Scrolls Oblivion. So I just came up with FatalScroll. Its been mine tag and email since then like 13 years ago. Ive been trying to phase it out as Im getting older. I recently changed my email from it, I might stop using it as a tag altogether if I can find something I like better for a tag.  

Edited by FatalScroll
  • 4 weeks later...

I used to chew tobacco and Grizzly was my go to brand for many many years and the flavor winter green, so i wanted the name grizzly Green but it was taken so i looked for Green in different languages and came across Vert which is green in French.

So..

My long time Avatar (paper D&D up to first MMO's) was a huge, Paladin, looking kinda dude. tall big, blonde, clean shaven, fighter, doer-of-good deeds..

He died BADLY in my first mmorpg (needed a GM help to recover from that death)

In frustration I wanted something totally opposite- hench a hairy, Dwarf, healer..

My friends and family teased me with "oh, he's just a little Bill" comments..

quick name change as a joke Bill-Light turned into Billit-(which i now pronounce as Bill Lit)

Been my game name ever since the late 90's

???

Edited by Billit
added another line
10 minutes ago, Billit said:

So..

My long time Avatar (paper D&D up to first MMO's) was a huge, Paladin, looking kinda dude. tall big, blonde, clean shaven, fighter, doer-of-good deeds..

He died BADLY in my first mmorpg (needed a GM help to recover from that death)

In frustration I wanted something totally opposite- hench a hairy, Dwarf, healer..

My friends and family teased me with "oh, he's just a little Bill" comments..

quick name change as a joke Bill-Light turned into Billit-(which i now pronounce as Bill Lit)

Been my game name ever since the late 90's

???

That's awesome - do you still play D&D?

• Maggie changed the title to What is the origin of your rsn?
  • Maggie featured and unfeatured this topic

I have had many names throughout my gaming life. Always had a natural affinity to cold/icy environments. That’s where Rime came from.

Deadly came from my gameplay style of doing PvM content and my old gameplay in 07 being a pker. 

Sitruk Ice was taken or I would have used that since it’s my go to screen name being my name backwards and my love of cold.

There was a time I wanted to make programming tutorials on Youtube, and this was the name that came out of it :)

Not too interesting I know 

I get asked about my RSN name all the time. Lady because I am a girl. Pavlov after the classical conditioning experiment, because I am a therapist. I'm not creative so someone came up with it for me lmfao

• 2 weeks later...

Origin of my name? Xander probably inspired by fire emblem fates (as bad as the localization was) and Arwel, eh i just was looking through welsh names and this one seemed fine

Thats an odd one for me. My original name was garbeg3 which was because when I was a kid, I could not spell garbage. My one now, Nekosam is from a clan years ago full of weebs who found out I could do that whole "nya nya" thing anime characters can do, so they just added Neko (cat) in front of my name....

• 3 weeks later...

My RSN went from tehchowster -> Ke-Chow.

I think I was looking for something kind of edgy and thechowster was taken, so I just took what I could get.

Ke-Chow is just a shortened version and a play on Lighting McQueen's catchphrase from Cars. I don't particularly like Cars, just the catchphrase.

• 3 weeks later...

SonOfVenom

My favorite comic book villan is carnage. And carnage is the offspring of the venom symbiote. so thats where I got SonOfVenom