Pictures of Your Pets

IVIessiah

• 2 weeks later...

My girl turned 3 today and my kids wanted to dress her up, so we did. She very unexpectedly loved it: 

9d8deca5d7c36d8638ea306b4f10c0c3.png

And this old man has had cancer for 3 years now, and recently gave us a scare that made us think he was ready to go. Then the day I had a vet scheduled to come and put him to sleep he was back up on his feet and running around like nothing had ever been wrong with him. This jackass :sly:

b6e59f49323c529972aceee4357df493.png

1 minute ago, Mrs Dewfus said:

is that dog wearing a tutu?!?! i love that!

She sure is, lmao. Really hard to see, but the old dude has a matching sequined bow on his collar. 

Casual Sleep

rfWFbPY.jpg

7DCbsL7.jpg

L69em4O.jpg

In the white, is Bear. (Polar bear is his long name)
The calico is Monroe. They are both chonkers. :3

1 hour ago, Afternine said:

Adopted a puppy today!

So cute :aww:

What name did you decide on? 

2 hours ago, Beric said:

So cute :aww:

What name did you decide on? 

Believe it or not, he's a rescue and his name is Ryker. He was in the shelter for 4 months and they picked him up when he was about 8 months old. Super friendly, though it does seem like he's got separation anxiety so that's something we'll have to work on! I tried to go to the store today after picking him up and he went nuts :( 

12 minutes ago, Afternine said:

Super friendly, though it does seem like he's got separation anxiety so that's something we'll have to work on! I tried to go to the store today after picking him up and he went nuts :( 

Hopefully some of that will subside once he's had a few weeks to adjust to a new home and routine.

But also, it is super normal for an 8-month-old (unless I read that wrong and he's a year old?) to experience separation anxiety. He's still a baby and all his little instincts are yelling that he's vulnerable when separated from his pack. My Redbone could barely stand to be in another room at that age, and nowadays she's completely relaxed if I leave the house for a couple hours. 

This is a great time to start crate training if you plan to do that at all! 

55 minutes ago, Beric said:

Hopefully some of that will subside once he's had a few weeks to adjust to a new home and routine.

But also, it is super normal for an 8-month-old (unless I read that wrong and he's a year old?) to experience separation anxiety. He's still a baby and all his little instincts are yelling that he's vulnerable when separated from his pack. My Redbone could barely stand to be in another room at that age, and nowadays she's completely relaxed if I leave the house for a couple hours. 

This is a great time to start crate training if you plan to do that at all! 

I actually did order a 42" crate for him (he's about a 15-17lb dog) and plan to use it to help train him out of the separation anxiety and probably use it when I take short trips to run errands etc. And yes, he's about a year old. I'm calling his birthday May 4th ? so it can be kind of a meme on Star Trek's Ryker vs may the 4th be with you kind of silliness lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2022 at 4:44 PM, Afternine said:

I actually did order a 42" crate for him (he's about a 15-17lb dog) and plan to use it to help train him out of the separation anxiety and probably use it when I take short trips to run errands etc. And yes, he's about a year old. I'm calling his birthday May 4th ? so it can be kind of a meme on Star Trek's Ryker vs may the 4th be with you kind of silliness lol.

Any luck on that separation anxiety so far? I have one (Loki - he's about 2.5 years old) that has horrible separation anxiety. Crate training worked for a while but now he needs to be free so he can be around with our other one (Ginger). ? Only problem is now we can't take Ginger anywhere without him, otherwise his separation anxiety kicks in really bad.

I'll post pics of them both shortly!

Ginger is the Chocolate Lab (9 years old) and Loki is the Saluki/Lab mix (2.5 years old). They absolutely love being cozy on the couch and even laying on top of eachother or squeezing behind where my wife and I sit ?wYlVtpl.jpegWKQx3gk.jpeggzJkWLW.jpegqKK0fQU.jpeg

2 hours ago, Drag0n21 said:

Ginger is the Chocolate Lab (9 years old) and Loki is the Saluki/Lab mix (2.5 years old). They absolutely love being cozy on the couch and even laying on top of eachother or squeezing behind where my wife and I sit ?wYlVtpl.jpegWKQx3gk.jpeggzJkWLW.jpegqKK0fQU.jpeg

are your pups are so adorable!

• 2 months later...