The never ending story

MumblinDurbo

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Our nameless heroine smirked viscously as she bewitched the dragon with a kiss, after which, the dragon transformed into a dragon prince and consumed the pathetic lawyer whole in preparation for their next victims: the wise old man and his worthless glowing goblins.

• 2 weeks later...

Before the woman and her dashing dragon prince could slay the old man and his goblin associates for no discernible reason, she woke up from her fever dream back into her small dank cottage and boring regular life on pig farm in the unremarkable flat countryside that she so desperately wished to escape.

Upset that her adventure were nothing more then a dream, she packed the few belonging and set out to find an adventure more dangerous then in her wildest dreams.

• 1 month later...

She was stumbled upon an Easter event, She realized she must complete the tasks to regain her form. Just as this is all settling in a ferocious looking fox ? hauls ass towards her...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

But first, she needed to be free of the forced transfiguration.

Abraham Lincoln's ghost murmured a spell and waved his hand to and fro. The rabbit stared warily, and he explained, "I'm trying to avoid getting carpal tunnel syndrome. You know how it is."

Suddenly engulfed by a sky blue effulgence, our esteemed protagonist reverted to her true form as a human woman, clad in her normal garb, a simple farmer's outfit. The young woman seemed average in most respects, though with an ineffably attractive face that was more striking than beautiful.

"There we go. It hasn't been Easter for a hot minute, lady," the deceased former president observed. "But wherefore the need for assistance? Surely you should have remembered such a simple cantrip."

The woman contemplated the query and offered an embarrassed smile. "I seem to have forgotten... Well, almost everything. Do you know me, Mister President? How did you know my name was Shirley?"

"Lucky guess," the ghost shrugged, removing his stovepipe hat. "I'll answer your questions in due time, but I have a quest for you."

Shirley leaned forward with interest; for some reason, the call of adventure seemed inexorable to her.