Croesus Mini Guide

Deathcon

6 minutes ago, Cam L said:

What are the rewards like? 

Alot of people think its quite useless due to the stigma of tank armor in RS, however this set is particularly strong in the right scenarios.

T90 tank armor with the following effects for X pieces worn. (Same stats as achto raid armor btw)

The set possesses the passive ability Nature's Envoy, which provides the following effects when a specific amount of pieces are worn:

2 pieces: Reduces incoming magic damage by 12% and melee by 8%.

3 pieces: Increases effectiveness by 6% and 4% magic and melee damage respectively, for 18% magic and 12% melee damage reduction. The effect is doubled if the player is using earth spells, for 24% magic and 16% melee damage reduction.

4 pieces: Whenever the player takes damage, there is a 6% chance to infect their target with death spores, increasing damage dealt against them from behind by 10%, similarly to how Flanking works, along with the 3-piece set effect.

5 pieces: When the player falls below 20% of their maximum health, the armour will generate a fungal shield to protect the player for 15 seconds. Its durability is tied to the player's armour rating and Defence level. The shield has 120 second cooldown time before it can be used again. The player also retains the benefits from the 3 and 4-piece sets.

This ends up absorbing 4500~ dmg

This is particularly strong when coupled with the new ancient magic spell: Animate dead alongside shadow spells or emerald aurora(counts as earth style and they scale to t92+ now) 

It gets particularly funny when you add on other things such as a spirit shield, enfeeble debuff (the monster that is debuffed does -10% dmg to you)

-----------

A skilling offhand for mining and woodcutting

(These allow the wielder to obtain 2 new arrow tips with varying effects at the bottom of this post)

A seedbag that holds 40 different seeds (2147m stacks)

Ability to upgrade runepouches to hold 4 runes vs 3 in addition to a passive; 25% chance to save runes with combat spells.

Scripture of Bik - a skilling godbook, much like GotE something spawns and you click it for 1-3 clues weighted to elites and giving a 5% xp buff for 1min

While using splintering arrows, all attacks used for 4.2 seconds (7 ticks) after Greater Dazing Shot will also apply Puncture stacks. Additionally, the maximum puncture stack size is increased to 13 while using the arrows.

Deathspore arrows are tier 95 arrows, obtained by attaching deathspore arrow tips to elder headless arrows. While using deathspore arrows:

Critical chance is increased by +3%

Every time you deal a critical hit, a stack of Feasting Spores is gained

When 5 stacks of Feasting Spores are obtained, they are consumed to grant a 9 second (15 tick) buff that makes the next Ranged ability that would cost adrenaline free

The buff has a 60 second (100 tick) cooldown

While on cooldown, any critical hits dealt will reduce the remaining cooldown by 1.8 seconds (3 ticks)

1 hour ago, Deathcon said:

Alot of people think its quite useless due to the stigma of tank armor in RS, however this set is particularly strong in the right scenarios.

T90 tank armor with the following effects for X pieces worn. (Same stats as achto raid armor btw)

The set possesses the passive ability Nature's Envoy, which provides the following effects when a specific amount of pieces are worn:

2 pieces: Reduces incoming magic damage by 12% and melee by 8%.

3 pieces: Increases effectiveness by 6% and 4% magic and melee damage respectively, for 18% magic and 12% melee damage reduction. The effect is doubled if the player is using earth spells, for 24% magic and 16% melee damage reduction.

4 pieces: Whenever the player takes damage, there is a 6% chance to infect their target with death spores, increasing damage dealt against them from behind by 10%, similarly to how Flanking works, along with the 3-piece set effect.

5 pieces: When the player falls below 20% of their maximum health, the armour will generate a fungal shield to protect the player for 15 seconds. Its durability is tied to the player's armour rating and Defence level. The shield has 120 second cooldown time before it can be used again. The player also retains the benefits from the 3 and 4-piece sets.

This ends up absorbing 4500~ dmg

This is particularly strong when coupled with the new ancient magic spell: Animate dead alongside shadow spells or emerald aurora(counts as earth style and they scale to t92+ now) 

It gets particularly funny when you add on other things such as a spirit shield, enfeeble debuff (the monster that is debuffed does -10% dmg to you)

-----------

A skilling offhand for mining and woodcutting

(These allow the wielder to obtain 2 new arrow tips with varying effects at the bottom of this post)

A seedbag that holds 40 different seeds (2147m stacks)

Ability to upgrade runepouches to hold 4 runes vs 3 in addition to a passive; 25% chance to save runes with combat spells.

Scripture of Bik - a skilling godbook, much like GotE something spawns and you click it for 1-3 clues weighted to elites and giving a 5% xp buff for 1min

While using splintering arrows, all attacks used for 4.2 seconds (7 ticks) after Greater Dazing Shot will also apply Puncture stacks. Additionally, the maximum puncture stack size is increased to 13 while using the arrows.

Deathspore arrows are tier 95 arrows, obtained by attaching deathspore arrow tips to elder headless arrows. While using deathspore arrows:

Critical chance is increased by +3%

Every time you deal a critical hit, a stack of Feasting Spores is gained

When 5 stacks of Feasting Spores are obtained, they are consumed to grant a 9 second (15 tick) buff that makes the next Ranged ability that would cost adrenaline free

The buff has a 60 second (100 tick) cooldown

While on cooldown, any critical hits dealt will reduce the remaining cooldown by 1.8 seconds (3 ticks)

thanks for the detailed post, love it 

I feel more and more grateful for this guide each day I continue to miss-out on doing this boss. (ty Dcon and everyone else who has contributed so far!)

I think it's time I scheduled hosting an hour of killing this giant mushroom. ?

On 9/27/2021 at 11:02 PM, Deathcon said:

Waterfiend can be useful to stock up on materials, currently they do not get deleted from the familiars inventory between kills.

I really wish I knew this before I killed like 65 of em in the last week...

6 minutes ago, Fatal Zanik said:

I really wish I knew this before I killed like 65 of em in the last week...

Should probably edit this with some changes - waterfiend provides no benefit now, better to use yak for restores or stat boosting familiars.