In need of advice

Doti Nap

So, I'm back to playing RS3 and have set some goals for myself. Currently in Runespan grinding my Runecrafting and was just wondering. Are there some things I should be doing before I continue onto my main goals in the game? Like, for example: The daily missions I just so happen to skim through.

Just taking a quick look at your skills, the one thing you want to do is unlock invention and get that up.

Invention is like enchantments, where you can augment your items to add bonuses.  This will make you more efficient in skilling and killing.  Start grinding to get that unlocked and we can help you get started in training invention afterwards :D 

22 minutes ago, Hess said:

Just taking a quick look at your skills, the one thing you want to do is unlock invention and get that up.

Invention is like enchantments, where you can augment your items to add bonuses.  This will make you more efficient in skilling and killing.  Start grinding to get that unlocked and we can help you get started in training invention afterwards :D 

Hell yeah, I guess it's time to earn some gains in the GP dept so that I could afford to train those skills. Thanks for the advice. 

15 minutes ago, Doti Nap said:

Hell yeah, I guess it's time to earn some gains in the GP dept so that I could afford to train those skills. Thanks for the advice. 

May not be fun, but since you're runecrafting anyway, that's pretty good gp.

Water runes can max out around 40m an hour 

I second Hess, who is always right. <3

As well as working towards Invention and making money, you will want to get started on Archaeology as soon as possible. The Relic Powers it offers can be very useful for everything from PvM to skilling.

Besides that, you will primarily want to be questing, to unlock everything from Ancient Magicks and Ancient Curses to the Managing Miscellania minigame to good starter weapons to skilling items. :3

You should definitely be doing Daily Challenges for the XP rewards, weekly rewards, and Treasure Hunter keys. You can also consider playing Distractions and Diversions as you unlock them for good XP, though they should only ever be done until they start to feel like a chore. (Prioritize Monthly > Weekly > Daily, as one might expect.) :)

You can unlock and upgrade the Jack of Trades Aura with Loyalty Points. Unless you have PvM intentions already, this is the single best use of LP, and you should be using it to train expensive and/or slow skills every day. (Unless you don't feel up to it. Again, never force yourself to do anything; avoid burnout! Play to have fun. :P)

You will also want to accumulate Dungeoneering Tokens for useful items and upgrades such as the Bonecrusher, the Charming Imp, the Scrolls of Cleansing / Proficiency / etc., and the bone necklaces.

Best of luck! :D

2 hours ago, Sirsir said:

I second Hess, who is always right. <3

As well as working towards Invention and making money, you will want to get started on Archaeology as soon as possible. The Relic Powers it offers can be very useful for everything from PvM to skilling.

Besides that, you will primarily want to be questing, to unlock everything from Ancient Magicks and Ancient Curses to the Managing Miscellania minigame to good starter weapons to skilling items. :3

You should definitely be doing Daily Challenges for the XP rewards, weekly rewards, and Treasure Hunter keys. You can also consider playing Distractions and Diversions as you unlock them for good XP, though they should only ever be done until they start to feel like a chore. (Prioritize Monthly > Weekly > Daily, as one might expect.) :)

You can unlock and upgrade the Jack of Trades Aura with Loyalty Points. Unless you have PvM intentions already, this is the single best use of LP, and you should be using it to train expensive and/or slow skills every day. (Unless you don't feel up to it. Again, never force yourself to do anything; avoid burnout! Play to have fun. :P)

You will also want to accumulate Dungeoneering Tokens for useful items and upgrades such as the Bonecrusher, the Charming Imp, the Scrolls of Cleansing / Proficiency / etc., and the bone necklaces.

Best of luck! :D

Thanks! <3

I agree with both Sirsir and Hess here.  Definitely focus on dailies, weeklies, monthlies.  Start doing some of the nicer quests, work towards Prif (as the dailies here can make you some nice gold and help in future skilling leveling), try and gain a kingdom as it will give you lots of things to disassemble when you get invention.  Work on getting invention - note that unlocking this is awesome, but there can be a bit of a learning curve when adding perks to your gear, and when trying to level, so try not to get frustrated, it does get better.  There are some "area tasks" that you can unlock as well, those will help you when you're running around, as well as some small perks like extra bars from varrock armor 4.

get like base 40s then grind out slayer! I also just started and shooting for 99 herblore and curses. Already got 99 prayer. I've been playing for about 2 weeks

Check this out, on the same forum: 

Unlocking Anachronia is good:

Spoiler

1 ) Base camp activity: Player logde, slayer lodge, hunter lodge. But to build these and upgrade them you need a lot more buildings with their respective upgrades.

2 ) Player owned farm 2 (Ranch out of time) is great for training farming.

3 ) Anachronia totems

4 ) Highest lvl slayer master

5 ) Big game hunter for training hunter +for dragon mattock & maul pieces

6 ) Different archaeology dig sites

7 ) Agility course which rewards you with movement codices

8 ) Rex matriarchs (newish bosses)

9 ) Herby werby (weekly activity)

10 ) Dinosaurs for slayer training

11 ) Different jadinkos for hunter training

12 ) Effigy incubator (monthly activity)

13 ) Ancient zygomites which you need to find 

14 ) Butterflies around the island for hunter exp

15 ) Raksha (newish boss)

I left Raksha as last because it's beyond my skill lvl. Others could raise it very high on the list. Anachronia also has some miniquests/quests happening on the island.

And check out wiki: 

https://runescape.wiki/w/Guide_for_returning_players

I'll give a few pieces of advice.

-Don't get too burnt out on focusing dailies and other small every-day tasks.

-Guthixian caches happen every hour on the hour @ divination spots, can jump in and get some good xp, youll need 80 for invention.

-Smithing is also needed for invention, Artisans workshop on w70(or 71?) for injector buff, also buy "powerburst of masterstroke" they help immensely with training.

-Not everyone likes quests, however the rewards are some of the best ingame and worth doing for XP

-Have fun

I'm a returning player, as well.  Feel free to add me, I'd love to tag around for a few dailies and any other tasks you want to do, I know they'd be useful to me as well.  Would love to get together with another returning person feeling a bit behind the times!

• 1 month later...

Questing can always be good as it can unlock neat locations! For example, I just unlocked Prif which is a place where you can do a lot of sweet AFK skilling.