Need advice on the invention skill

RedRum0609

I have it unlocked, and im level 33. what can i really do with that level? Ive only been back on runescape for 2 months after a 5 or 6 year hiatus

That's a great question!

Since you are past Level 27, you can train Invention through the standard method!

That is, by augmenting eligible Tier 70+ weapons, equipment (chest and leg armors), and skilling tools. You then "train" the items by using them for their intent: combat or relevant skill. Lastly, you can either disassemble or siphon the item for large chunks of Invention XP.

You will want to apply the best available optimal perks (which exist in gizmos) to your augmented gear as you are able; the Wiki has optimal setups, with guides on making those gizmos with components. 

You can disassemble augmented items if they are cheap for you and/or if you desperately need the components they provide. This causes you to lose the item and the gizmos if you don't remove them beforehand, and offers the fastest XP rates. Disassembly is best done at Item Level 10.

Otherwise, you will want to siphon your augmented items; I largely recommend this. This keeps the item augmented, with their gizmos in place. Siphoning is best done at Item Level 9 (most efficient XP) or Item Level 12 (cheapest; equivalent to disassembly at 10).

You can peruse the guide on the Wiki for more information.

This is but a very brief outline in how to train Invention, which is an extremely useful but fairly complex skill. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have further questions! We'd be happy to help.

Best of luck! <3

Edited by Sirsir