Guardians Gift options

BestoBritish

I have not  used my Guardians Gift yet.  I am sure that most of you have and I wondered if you would share the choices you made, how pleased you were with those choices and maybe other choices you wish you had made.

I would be very greatful as I am unsure what to use it for.

Many thanks in advance.

Besto wishes

I used Wander's Wish to reset Giant Oyster a few times in hopes to get a dye, but I didn't get much. :( I probably would have rather used the Polymath's Wish for DXP instead.

Basically, it really just comes down to preference and what suits your play style best!

Moved this thread to RuneScape Chat, which might also help it receive additional responses since it is a public board. :)

It seems to widely be agreed that the Inventor's Gift is by far the best use of the Guardian's Gift. In particular, you will want to wait until you have 120 Invention before exploring otherwise extremely expensive perks; doing so can potentially save you a lot of money and headache. This reddit thread seems to be a great exploration of what to consider!

But personally, I would second John! It is entirely up to you and your preferred playstyle. Whatever you deem the best use for yourself is, in fact, the best use!

You could even hold on to it for a rainy day. :P

I used it for the Inventor's Gift as well, though I thought about using it for the bonus xp as well.  It is so adaptable, it is really nice.  Good luck!  Let us know what you pick!

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I am maxed in invention so what sort of perks would give value for money?

Thanks also for the reddit thread, will be looking at it shortly.

Besto wishes

1 minute ago, BestoBritish said:

I am maxed in invention so what sort of perks would give value for money?

Aftershock 4 + Precise 2, as well as Biting 4, are probably the most expensive of the most desirous perks. If your main goal is to save money, you might want to try using your Guardian's Gift on those first (with the optimal Invention level)!

That said, I am very far from an expert on Invention, especially as it relates to PvM. Definitely ask a more knowledgeable clannie before using your wishes! :P

Does this item get you the perk or one attempt at getting it?

Thanks for the reply

Besto wishes

1 hour ago, BestoBritish said:

Does this item get you the perk or one attempt at getting it?

One attempt. If you already have tons of bis perks warriors wish will grant a sign of life and aura refresh which are just meh but you also get a soul reaper refresh (especially good during events like we just had with double reaper points) and an item protection contract which is an item that lets you reclaim your items from death for free. If you really really wanted you could use wanderer wish weekly for 5% charge to continually reset penguin hide and seek for exp or for the caskets since you can spot 10 agent penguins each week for 10 caskets of random rarity but searching for agent penguins is grueling since it’s first come first serve

Hi Austin

Thank you for taking the time, thought and effort into these suggestions.

I will consider each of them carefully.

Most appreciated.

Besto wishes

I used mine on weekly resets of Skeletal Horror. Can't remember how many charges I got with that but I know I got a buttload of clues, slayer and prayer xp. Really helped on the road to 200m slay xp

Hi Billy

Another option I had not considered. Many thanks.

Besto wishes