Baby's First Combat Style

Caelum Vael

So I asked this in CC the other day but I thought a forum post might garner a bit more in-depth discussion.

Having grabbed the quest cape and knocked out a couple 99s, I'm looking for suggestions and advice as far as a first combat style to go for since I'm not exactly flush with cash. My preferences (mostly aesthetically) are Range > Melee > Mage. I'm not planning to do super sweaty high-level pvm in the foreseeable future, this means I'm probably gonna camp revo for basics, and 4TAA doesn't sound appealing. At this point I'm torn between Range and Melee, because while Range can get very expensive, it also seems like it's an easier style to learn bosses with. My current idea is maybe Range for bossing and Melee for slayer.

Looking forward to your advice.

(P.S. Just assume all relevant PVM skills are ~99 as getting them there (from ~90 currently) is my current project.)

Range is lackluster unless you have Grico + hydrix (even then it only gets "good" with SGB/ECB)

Melee isnt in a bad spot with the recent items (jaws of the abyss helm + Abyssal Scourge weapon giving a bunch of adren) Still need some of the melee codices though.

Mage while weapons are expensive, to do better than the other 2 styles it takes way less. You really only need Gconc (140m?) + a set of dualweilds (can use cywir + virtus book)

1 hour ago, Deathcon said:

Mage while weapons are expensive, to do better than the other 2 styles it takes way less. You really only need Gconc (140m?) + a set of dualweilds (can use cywir + virtus book)

How important is 4TAA tho? The micro management on that level is a pretty big turn off for me.

1 hour ago, Caelum Vael said:

How important is 4TAA tho? The micro management on that level is a pretty big turn off for me.

considering i literally had to google this and i have done a fair bit of low to mid level pvm gonna say not very

11 hours ago, Caelum Vael said:

9 hours ago, UnrealDream said:

considering i literally had to google this and i have done a fair bit of low to mid level pvm gonna say not very

You dont need to 4tick with dual wield mage.

Gconc is insanely strong and you want to be using it as much as possible.