Revolution Set Ups

Skunkkmonk

Skunkkmonk

As a new RS3 player. I'm curious about the hidden meta on revolution rotation. Does anyone have any preferences/tips? Or am I totally wrong and it doesn't really matter? 

I know some skills proc off stuns and stuff. But is there any deeper strategy? 

OMEGA ELOHIM
14 minutes ago, Skunkkmonk said:

As a new RS3 player. I'm curious about the hidden meta on revolution rotation. Does anyone have any preferences/tips? Or am I totally wrong and it doesn't really matter? 

I know some skills proc off stuns and stuff. But is there any deeper strategy? 

For starters here's a good read on bars. For the hidden meta? You mean hidden abilites that you cant use?

https://runescape.wiki/w/Revolution/Bars

Skunkkmonk
6 minutes ago, OMEGA ELOHIM said:

For starters here's a good read on bars. For the hidden meta? You mean hidden abilites that you cant use?

https://runescape.wiki/w/Revolution/Bars

No hahah I just meant like if there's a particular approach or style that generally reigns supreme. Sounds like its sort of up to preference? 

In your reply on my other post it sounds like some bosses do well/poorly with particular skills. Maybe it just doesn't matter until you need to do manual?

OMEGA ELOHIM
16 minutes ago, Skunkkmonk said:

No hahah I just meant like if there's a particular approach or style that generally reigns supreme. Sounds like its sort of up to preference? 

In your reply on my other post it sounds like some bosses do well/poorly with particular skills. Maybe it just doesn't matter until you need to do manual?

Well for "reigning supreme" currently magic and range beat melee in dps.  I think magic currently with full Crypto bloom gear with good perks is the best one overall. Other than that Range with the greater richo ability is pretty op alone. So you will have to decide on those two. Or both. haha. ? So yeah its a preference for those two.

So for bossing when doing manuel starts becoming a must for learning curve would be for Nex. But starting early I'd recommend it. You can also turn down the required auto rev attacks selection and start learning manuel that way. 

Forgot to add keybinds...Keybinds is nice. 

Edited by OMEGA ELOHIM

The order which you place your abilities on a revolution bar rarely matters much. You generally only have a few (2-4) good abilities and the rest are bad, as long as you don't have the bads ones first you should be okay. For pure AFK content where you want it to decide your ultimates and thresholds that would matter a little more.

Revolution cannot swap weapons to benefit from multiple perks and cannot choose when it's good to cast something. You miss out on being able to cast both dual wield and 2h exclusive abilities, flanking-boosted stun abilities, lunging or masterwork spear of annihilation boosted bleeds (melee), auto attack usage (4ticking and more - magic), walking bleed abilities. It also does not cast special attacks for you and does not make smart decisions about when to cast threshold or ultimate abilities.

For magic:

1. Greater Concentrated Blast (dual wield, unlockable) / Sonic Wave if using a staff (MUCH worse)
  2. Dragon Breath
  3. Corruption Blast
  4. Magma Tempest (unlockable)
  5. Combust
  6. everything else is bad except Chain if there are multiple enemies

For ranged

1. Greater Ricochet (unlockable)
  2. Needle Strike (dual wield) / (Greater) Dazing Shot (2h)
  3. Corruption Shot
  4. Fragmentation Shot
  5. Snipe (really bad for adrenaline gain but ok damage)
  6. everything else is bad except normal Ricochet if there are multiple enemies

For melee

1. Cleave (2h) / Decimate (dual wield)
  2. Greater Fury (unlockable)
  3. Smash (2h) / Havoc (dual wield)
  4. Sever
  5. Dismember
  6. Slice
  7. everything else is bad

@Veggie I super appreciate this break down too. I've been checking the pvme discord along with the wiki and not quite understanding the math on which abilities are optimal for a partial revo bar. So, thanks :)