Could anyone help me get better at Nex

NelardWilson

NelardWilson

I have been struggling for over a month at Nex. I have still yet to get single Solo kill. Could anyone provide some feedback to help me get better? I am probably 200 deaths in to this boss without any success.

So im watching this and i'll comment a few things I see.

at 2:30 ish you kill off Umbra and tag nex so she starts blood phase

You wait a few seconds so your attack doesnt heal her (good)

You use needle after then snipe

-------------------------------------

When she would heal due to you attacking her instead you should get a feel for the timing.

When her wings are at their peak (not the easiest to here HERE)

What you could/should be doing is  wait till JUST before this point and instead channel Snipe --- Use the time you're not doing anything and replace it with waiting for the snipe channel.

This way you're not wasting any time however small it may be

Channel snipe->shes not gonna heal with the hit-> snipe lands and deals good damage

THEN needle

Then snapshot

Then rapid fire

and a basic if you need

Blood phase should be cleared at this point with no effort.

----------------------------------------------

3:27 you used Eof-Dbow on a minion

They have a hardcap of 1300 damage, nothing will do more than 1300 damage to them, eof-dbow is BIG adren waste here

use frag shot/corrupt/rapidfire/Grico on minions + shittier basics (tuskas/sacrifice/dazing)

Dont use big damage abilities on them (Snap/Dbow/tendrils)

Save your vit pot for when you get prison'd

-Sometimes i find myself using devotion on Cruor so his magic hits (and also nex's) dont do anything and also dont heal him(maybe they still do but less)

3:50-3:58 ish you kited her to heal up (Good!)

>>>When finishing off Cruor you want to aim to have her SACRIFICE you and turn you RED

Killing Cruor and her SIPHONING is not good

Sacrifice->next spec is Contain this!

SIphon->next spec is Ice prison

This matters because it determines how many youll receive.

If you start with prison youll get more of them and itll be harder to avoid death

Prison->contain->prison (this is hard)

Contain->prison->contain is much much easier to deal with

(Also paying some attention to how many auto's she's done to you is helpful - you can anticipate the prison stun so you can eat/res instead of waiting to be stunned then freedoming)

(this also helps because it allows you to not get fucked by double prison ((mentioned above))

4:12 you're stuck in prison and attempted to vit pot (used earlier so you couldnt)

You freedom + ate food but just ate her attack

Freedom + swap to defender and use resonance also -- you CANNOT block prison damage 6-8k hit BUTTTT you can stop her from wombo-comboing you with prison damage and her follow-up auto attack while you cannot pray against it.

kLuk4Ht.png

You took the 7994 prison damage and a 1250 auto if you had swapped to defender you could've res'd the 1250 (she can hit well over 2500 so it would save solid food as well as your life :lol:

(also being able to vit pot here helps as i mentioned above earlier)

Small tips

-Ricochet can be used if you need 1 more basic to kill a minion, itll kill minion and instantly tag nex to phase her so you dont need to waste another basic

-after killing minions you drop target, can eat without losing adren

-Bring vuln bombs, makes the fight easier.

-Zuk range cape makes Deadshot okay for the final phase

BIG TAKEAWAYS

-You do not have Snapshot on your bar - big nono

-You did not use Rapidfire at all - big nono

Firstly, you want other food than blubbers. I do sailfish blubber and Sara brew

Shadow phase mellee helm and boots reduces amount of damage she'll do

I stopped because deathcon beat me to it.

But for timing on the snipe if you activate it as she tilts her head up you will hit just as that part ends and will not heal her.

I will have a couple of days off when I make it home so if you see me online feel free to hit me up and can give real time help and information 

Edited by UnrealDream

making another comment so it isnt lost in my essay :blushing:

If you would like, I am free Tues/Wed(my weekend) and I could sit in Discord and help you out/do a few kills with you.

Deathcon summed up most things nicely, but basically you're lacking fundamentals in ability usage and even proper abilities on your bar.

You are also going into the fight with basically 0 adrenaline. You can either get an adrenaline urn or get the persistent rage relic from archeology so you can go in with 100% and easily and immediately threshold down the first phase.

3 minutes ago, UnrealDream said:

Shadow phase mellee helm and boots reduces amount of damage she'll do

Blood phase take those bleeds off 

The food is fine, and I wouldn't recommend people bring that melee stuff to avoid MD. People should just surge/kite/do abilities manually and make shadow phase go by in a flash.

2 minutes ago, UnrealDream said:

This isnt correct.  learning nex without hard food is somewhat important, as you dont want to drop ardrenaline.

I'd add a few guthix rests (not super) so you can double-eat on larger hits, but otherwise blubbers are the way to go.  Nex is a dance where you do the same thing every time, food is not part of the equation with good ability usage, like Amused/Dcon touched on.

27 minutes ago, Evan said:

This isnt correct.  learning nex without hard food is somewhat important, as you dont want to drop ardrenaline.

I'd add a few guthix rests (not super) so you can double-eat on larger hits, but otherwise blubbers are the way to go.  Nex is a dance where you do the same thing every time, food is not part of the equation with good ability usage, like Amused/Dcon touched on.

I will say if it keeps you alive, having a few solid +brews +jellies is fine....actually learn to kill the boss consistently then you can improve kill times and stop using solid foods.

I even take like 3-4 sailfish + a brew + rest jellies just incase. Though like i mentioned i try to limit myself to this scenario.

41 minutes ago, Deathcon said:

-after killing minions you drop target, can eat without losing adren

48 minutes ago, Evan said:

Guess I prefer to recover from ice prison in one game tick rather than prolonged need for hitting the blubbers

4 hours ago, UnrealDream said:

Guess I prefer to recover from ice prison in one game tick rather than prolonged need for hitting the blubbers

disrupt or vit pot causes you to not take damage from prison.  If you do double prison, you can disrupt 1 before glacies comes active, then vit pot second while glacies alive

7 hours ago, Deathcon said:

If you would like, I am free Tues/Wed(my weekend) and I could sit in Discord and help you out/do a few kills with you.

I think I may attend your weekend Nex hours for some tips. I need to work on all those inconsistencies for sure. I'm still going for the Rax log but the spider is being VERY stubborn in not dropping an eye. I'll probably end up getting Evan's kc or higher for the log, but then again who really knows. ???? But anyways, ty for the detailed response. :) 

NelardWilson
10 hours ago, Deathcon said:

making another comment so it isnt lost in my essay :blushing:

I’ll definitely take you up on that!

NelardWilson
10 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

Deathcon summed up most things nicely, but basically you're lacking fundamentals in ability usage and even proper abilities on your bar.

You are also going into the fight with basically 0 adrenaline. You can either get an adrenaline urn or get the persistent rage relic from archeology so you can go in with 100% and easily and immediately threshold down the first phase.

The food is fine, and I wouldn't recommend people bring that melee stuff to avoid MD. People should just surge/kite/do abilities manually and make shadow phase go by in a flash.

Do you have an ability bar recommendation?

NelardWilson
9 hours ago, UnrealDream said:

That could be helpful. I feel like I am constantly tapping blubbers because of the low heal amount.