Fresh worlds leak

Bigm

A temporary mode that requires a new account and sub, I'm good.  For that I make an Ironman account 😂

Although Seasons/Leagues similar to Diablo 3 would be freaking amazing.

Literally garbage 

No point in playing the game mode itself other than however it impacts your mains on the back end 

So likely, powerleveling alts for altscape is the main focus because lol at trying for their temporary highscores page. Especially with bonds available at the start. 

Doesn't look like they allow you to merge xp at the end though so no say, gathering skills at 2x rate. 

But it seems this is the prime time to prep an army of alts if that's what you were going to do 

Still garbage update though 

Honestly, based on how this goes, thinking about switching to a HCIM for awhile.

I like the idea of starting fresh with everyone else on worlds exclusive for this gamemode. Although it feels a bit ruined with only a temporary pause on MXT and still allowing bonds. 

18 hours ago, Xufiie said:

A temporary mode that requires a new account and sub, I'm good. 

Yeah... Runescape is already the only MMO I can think of that requires you to have a new log in and sub for every alt. This just highlights how ridiculous that already is. 

Its funny they dodged the question about allowing bonds.

Their reasoning being bonds wont be 50m on new servers, just whatever people decide in this new economy - so youre getting less gp so its ok lmao.

5 hours ago, Sirsir said:

The actual setup is even worse than the leak suggested, so that's fun!

I'm going to completely ignore this poorly designed blatant money grab.

Well, at least they confirm stats and skill progress transfers to your main, though "most items" is extremely vague.  That's one good thing, but I stand by my original opinion.  New account and membership being a requirement is a hard pass for me.

If this ends up leading to seasons/leagues with the same requirements I'm gonna be pissed 😒

Also, if it becomes a clan group activity, I will have to pass.  I could barely afford my current membership 😂

Edited by Xufiie

I was willing to try it out for the cosmetics until they mentioned another subscription. Affordability isn't the issue, it's the level of disrespect I can't abide.

4 hours ago, Xufiie said:

Well, at least they confirm stats and skill progress transfers to your main, though "most items" is extremely vague.  That's one good thing, but I stand by my original opinion.  New account and membership being a requirement is a hard pass for me.

I'm not certain how that would work out, since it seems to be stated that a new account altogether is necessary. If this is not the case, that article is very poorly phrased. If it is, this is very clearly an attempt to further inflate account numbers; and, of course, the FOMO introduced with the rare items is intended to artificially inflate active player numbers.

Regardless, such a transfer would probably be prone to bugs, and it is probably not worth the time and money spent even without the problem of MTX being allowed. 😅

I would also agree with @ravnj: The sheer disrespect for their players is the biggest problem here.

This can't even be considered a boon for new players (which would be counterintuitive for something labeled "Fresh Start" anyway), because P2P is required.

If you ever thought about doing hcim this would be the best place to start it but yeah it’s def a money grab and people are gonna do it oh well

Just now, Kris_Kronkle said:

If you ever thought about doing hcim this would be the best place to start it but yeah it’s def a money grab and people are gonna do it oh well

There's a little note tucked away in the article that prevents even this:

Spoiler

**Note: Ironman Mode is not available in Fresh Start Worlds.

17 minutes ago, Sirsir said:

I'm not certain how that would work out, since it seems to be stated that a new account altogether is necessary. If this is not the case, that article is very poorly phrased.

I could be reading it wrong, wouldn't be the first time.  I'm going based on this statement:

Once the seasonal game mode has ended, we will transition players back to the main game. You'll be allowed to take your stats, (most) items and game progress back with you - or simply trade your rewards back to your Main! You can also transition back to the main game early if you wish.

I think you start a new account, and can either keep it as an alt when the mode ends or transfer majority of your progress/goodies to your main.

Also, I third the "disrespect towards players" opinion, although considering 90 percent of Jagex's decisions are focused on money not player satisfaction, I'm sadly not surprised.

Deleted User

Looking forward to how this is going to play out... discontinueds are a pain from the past; let's hire real life economics; introducing more discontinueds. New Jagex staff; we listen to the community; we will do more streams etc.; introducing new content instead of addressing dead content.
Ah good idea: let's do something that'll mess up both the economy AND piss of the community: Fresh MTX Worlds with more discontinueds!! Lesgoooh!