Developer Diary

Grymreaper0

Thanks for the link! :)

~~~~~

I love to see quests specifically on their roadmap. :aww:

Hopefully they'll move away from God and pseudo-God (Mahjarrat / Dragonkin) storylines in general, now that the Elders are gone and the Edicts are restored. I' admittedly have very little faith in their ability to characterize correctly or provide satisfying narratives on those fronts, as much as I have enjoyed the background lore. (The last god-related quest that I thought was well-written was "The Light Within." ## Although I did enjoy a lot of the Sliske and the Elder God Wars quests for other reasons!)

That said, they've been doing a great job with other quests recently! I'm excited for those that are smaller in scope but high in potential -- especially if they work to complete existing quest series like the Gnomes'. :3 Hopefully without rushing them this time; the Menaphos quests were a huge disappointment, really could have been one longer quest, and needed much slower pacing (i.e., more quests) to be good as a story.

I'm tentatively hopeful for the new storyline as well!

~~~~~

A new skill! Sweet! :banana:

They seem to have mastered skills with Archaeology, and the Mining and Smithing Rework before that. Invention is great after the updates to it as well. I'm very excited to see what's next!

I know they said they weren't looking to make more elite skills, but they can always change their minds. At this point, I want to see Necromancy above all else (I imagine this would require 80 Summoning, 80 Prayer, and 80 Magic?). But any elite skill with a cool premise and effort put into it would be wonderful!

That's not to say that "regular" skills would be unwelcome by any means. Maybe something like Druidism (a good way to respect Guthix now that Divination has become much less important lore-wise) or the long-awaited Riding (as if :P )?

~~~~~

I hope they will spend more time improving existing content, from training methods and scaling for skills to graphical updates to outdated minigames, in 2023.

Good stuff overall, though! :)

whatever the new master max capes are i want, it sounds like a fun time, also screw the new skill, i dont want to lose my trim for a while lol. i wonder when the bank update will happen like they talked about on stream with rsguy a while ago, going above 2.1b limit, hopefully sometimes next year or probably the year after. death costs update will be super good as well, hopefully in the beginning of the year

2 hours ago, Halu said:

whatever the new master max capes are i want, it sounds like a fun time, also screw the new skill, i dont want to lose my trim for a while lol. i wonder when the bank update will happen like they talked about on stream with rsguy a while ago, going above 2.1b limit, hopefully sometimes next year or probably the year after. death costs update will be super good as well, hopefully in the beginning of the year

Master max cape will be the reward for 120 all

18 hours ago, Grymreaper0 said:

Sorry if I posted this in wrong area 😨

Hey, no worries!  I was the one who moved it since it was RuneScape specific material and content. But big ty for sharing this with us!

And a new skill!? Siiiigh... Eh well... :/

5 hours ago, thegreatwha said:

Hey, no worries!  I was the one who moved it since it was RuneScape specific material and content. But big ty for sharing this with us!

And a new skill!? Siiiigh... Eh well... :/

Yeah to be honest I hope they don't come with a skill that is dependent on a mini game like dungeoneering. I wonder what they have in mind because they already have a ton! It's bad enough with all the skills currently out there!