Can't play! It sucks!

Ylgni

(Tell me if this is the wrong spot for a post like this)

I can't play at all, game crashes once I'm in and I've had about 20+ crashes today in a 4 hour period.

So if I miss anything, sorry.  Tried to get on at reset and the game insta-crashed upon login.

Yeah I've been having an issue where the client just disappears. I think I've got it associated with the audio on the computer. I tried installing voicemeeter banana and trying to get it set up and right now audio is only working partially. I'm used to playing RS with sound effects on (as a holdover from the warring days) and right now I've got everything working in terms of sound EXCEPT for runescape, where no audio comes through even though it's set up normally.

I'm also getting a 0xc000021a error repeatedly upon boot, and while I can eventually get it to boot by fiddling with it a bit, looks like the recent windows update for December 2 weeks ago screwed with lots of computers, and I think we might both be affected here based on what I'm reading. https://www.windowslatest.com/2022/12/20/microsoft-mandatory-kb5021233-crashes-windows-10-with-0xc000021a-bsod/ 

I'm about to try the fix they put in for that so maybe it'll work, maybe I'll update you from the phone cause it ruined my pc, who knows, lets' gamble. 

Runescape has bugs with their audio system for a while now....like unplugging headphones would close the client not that long ago.... its weird 

Inversely i have the complete opposite problem i could not get the clients to close had to crash them out (spammed the x ALOT)

8 hours ago, Douglas said:

Yeah I've been having an issue where the client just disappears. I think I've got it associated with the audio on the computer. I tried installing voicemeeter banana and trying to get it set up and right now audio is only working partially. I'm used to playing RS with sound effects on (as a holdover from the warring days) and right now I've got everything working in terms of sound EXCEPT for runescape, where no audio comes through even though it's set up normally.

I'm also getting a 0xc000021a error repeatedly upon boot, and while I can eventually get it to boot by fiddling with it a bit, looks like the recent windows update for December 2 weeks ago screwed with lots of computers, and I think we might both be affected here based on what I'm reading. https://www.windowslatest.com/2022/12/20/microsoft-mandatory-kb5021233-crashes-windows-10-with-0xc000021a-bsod/ 

I'm about to try the fix they put in for that so maybe it'll work, maybe I'll update you from the phone cause it ruined my pc, who knows, lets' gamble. 

I get audio just fine, and the window error looks like a bsod, which isn't happening to me exactly. The game just crashes and brings me back to desktop. Maybe it is the issue though, and hopefully they fix it, but Runescape out of the other games I play, is the only one with this issue.

9 hours ago, X5-452 said:

Did you try all the clients and update all the drivers? Sucks, hope it'll be resolved soon!

Yes and I was suggested by people in the RS discord to go back to AMDs 22.5.1 drivers as it was reported a lot after the updates. However, the game runs worse on those drivers for me, crashes and I play other games, that don't do this on any drivers. So I don't know what's going on. I reinstalled the whole thing, got rid of all folders involving Jagex/Runescape and restarted my computer. Reinstalled Runescape and it doesn't crash as much, but still does.

On my end, the fix for the BSOD worked and I was able to configure things properly in terms of sound. I haven't had any crashes in a while, but now that you mention it I did have to fool around with the graphics driver last week to even get this playable at all. I'm using an older version of graphical software on purpose because the newer one was just ridiculous. I'm on an AMD Radeon RX 480 driver date 4/28/2022, version 30.0.15021.11005. Had to uninstall their program that they bundle with it and go driver only. Maybe this helps maybe it doesn't but good luck. I will let your other mentor know that you're having computer issues

2 hours ago, Douglas said:

On my end, the fix for the BSOD worked and I was able to configure things properly in terms of sound. I haven't had any crashes in a while, but now that you mention it I did have to fool around with the graphics driver last week to even get this playable at all. I'm using an older version of graphical software on purpose because the newer one was just ridiculous. I'm on an AMD Radeon RX 480 driver date 4/28/2022, version 30.0.15021.11005. Had to uninstall their program that they bundle with it and go driver only. Maybe this helps maybe it doesn't but good luck. I will let your other mentor know that you're having computer issues

Wow, that sounds like a hassle.  Sucks it has to go to this just to play a game. Sucky thing about going to an older driver is, other games work fine and even way better with newer ones.

Sadly there is a known issue with AMD cards and has been for a few months. Jagex put out one fix but hasn't fixed everything. 

• 2 weeks later...