Necromancy

Wolf Eyes

Welp, here we go again with a new skill. 

Yeah, I'm not going to assume much until they make an announcement. Hard to tell at this time, but yeah, they did say it will be an accessible skill for all players, with initial access beginning at lvl one. So I'm guessing/understanding that means free/pay2play all together. 

Looking forward to nipping this one in the bud immediately upon release.

3 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

They've said before they are never doing an elite skill again - they don't want to have anyone not able to do content on day 1.

So glad they're going to do to skills what they did to quests! ##

If this is just a summoning but everything's got a darker color palette I will be slightly majorly disappointed.

19 hours ago, Beric said:

Well that blows. I enjoyed that concept. :/

Dang, I was really hoping it would be an elite skill. Magic, Summ, and Arch would have been so cool. 

20 hours ago, Beric said:

Revive Guthix!!!!

My heart's been broken since I saw him die. I dress all in green to Honor Guthix and hope for the day he comes back. 

8 hours ago, Zatevon said:

My heart's been broken since I saw him die. I dress all in green to Honor Guthix and hope for the day he comes back. 

:/ Someday we will be in his everlasting light again.

23 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

If this is just a summoning but everything's got a darker color palette I will be slightly majorly disappointed.

Not sure I see any other way to do a necromancy skill, tbh. Hard to tell now, but I'm guessing it'll turn out to be a skill that either could've/should've just been a subskill for either Summoning and/or Magic. 

I can't decided whether that videos makes me more or less anxious about the skill. Everything he just said kind of make it seem like it just should've been more of an extension of Divination and/or Summoning rather than an entirely new skill. 

I really, really hope that Jagex ends up surprising all of us. 

1 hour ago, Pyrolord said:

I can't decided whether that videos makes me more or less anxious about the skill. Everything he just said kind of make it seem like it just should've been more of an extension of Divination and/or Summoning rather than an entirely new skill. 

I really, really hope that Jagex ends up surprising all of us. 

I agree you 100%, I really hope they can live up to archeology. 

Also this YouTuber is a little whacky! I wouldn’t put much stock into what he says. Just thought I’d share what people are saying. 

I think the skill will have something to do with enchantments. Enchanting existing items/new items. Maybe some type of breaking down things, collecting souls from dead things... who knows. Has some cool interesting potential.

• 3 weeks later...

I started thinking about the skill and what ways it could be different that other skills. I drew some inspiration from past games like diablo 2 and world of warcraft that used some interesting necromancy elements. What i thought jagex would be capable of was diablos bone armour and bone walls. I also like the concept of soul infused weapons or ammunition.

So here are some interesting ideas I came up with:

Bone shield - a pocket slot item that generates a shield of bones to mitigate X% of damage for a total of X damage. Pocket slot item will be reuseable in 5 minutes

Bone wall - summons a bone wall to hinder smaller enemies much like barricades in castle wars. Larger enemies will take a one time damage hit similar to dominion mines, but destroy the wall in the process.

Seeds of corruption - belladonna seeds imbued with dark magic that are thrown like herblore bombs. Several variants: seed of corruption ( AOE DoT), seed of brambles (AOE bleed), seed of malignance (AOE poison).

Bone harvest - collects bone fragments to cull necromantic beings.

Soul harvest - collects fragments of souls to animate the dead.

Flesh harvest - collects bits of flesh to piece together a zombie.

Several unique NPC's associated with necromancy.

- animated skeleton: can summon 1-3 based on level and tier (skeleton, armour skeleton, undead barbarian, etc.)

- animate zombie: can summon 1-3 based on level and tier (zombie, armoured zombie, abomination, etc.)

- bind spirit: can summon 1-3 spirits based on level and tier (ghost, wight, tortured soul, etc.)

The concept comes to mind that as you slay things you will collect bits and pieces of bone, flesh and soul. As you collect these bits you can cast any three animate spells to create specific reagents for each greater necromantic spell.

P.S. 

This is what happens when you get wrapped up in studying the games design and previous mechanics.

• Maggie changed the title to Necromancy
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe convert more than just bones to peaches?! 🙃

but in all seriousness - looking at what they did with arch and div, I personally have high hopes that they will do something that surpasses what we can imagine! To do this will mean coming up with entirely new lore, activity areas etc tho. Otherwise it’ll really be like what others have said; something that could’ve been a subset of magic or summoning…