trim/comp changes?

MrsDewwBerry

Achievements Removed from Trimmed Completionist:

"Penance to the King"

Like a lot of multiplayer minigames, it's hard to find a large enough group for Barbarian Assault, and most players prefer to engage with other content. This change is in line with the addition of the Horn of Honour to the Travelling Merchant's Shop.

"Chompy Massacre"

This achievement feels entirely arbitrary (4,000 chompy kills seems to have been plucked, pun intended, from the air). Again, this also is content we don't think many players want to engage with repetitively to this extent.

"Walk on the Wildy Side III"

Whilst I am happy to see people continuing to engage with the Wilderness Events, this one is an entirely arbitrary number of events to complete, and thus it doesn't really feel like you are completing anything. Also feels very time gated due to the event schedule.

Achievements Added to Trimmed Completionist:

"Get Tooled Up"

Filling your toolbelt feels like a meaningful completionist task, but the very high currency requirements, particularly on the gold accumulator, push this up into a super long term Trim goal.

"Are You Winning, Zam? II"

Here for consistency as much as anything else - as 100% Telos and Arch Glacor are already required for Trim. The difficulty of these achievements is what places them in the Trim category.

"My Goebie Homies" & "Conquered Everyone's Heart"

These rep grinds fall into ideal Trim territory - completing them is meaningfully completionist, with some decent unlocks, but a grind to achieve.

"Granny's Favourite Farmer" (new)

Requires max reputation with the farming guild, to complement the rep grinds of "My Goebie Homies" & "Conquered Everyone's Heart".

"Sort of Crystally" (new)

Requires the Dark Lord title (by unlocking several other Prifddinas titles)

Loosely analogous to the Salty and Sandy titles, this represents a high degree of engagement and completion within Prifddinas, and therefore feels like it should be represented on Trim for consistency.

"Relic-weary" (new)

Requires unlocking all Archaeology relics at the Monolith.

Again, something that feels meaningfully completionist; on Trim due to the high requirements to complete all mysteries, and a not inconsiderable gold cost to achieve.

"The Golden Crocodile Hunter" (new)

Requires all upgrades from Dundee at Het's Oasis

This has been moved up to Trim, as the last upgrade is purely cosmetic. There is a new Comp requirement that deals with the functional upgrades to this activity.

"Scrolling in the Deep" (new)

Requires all Player Owned Ports scrolls.

These seem like reasonable and meaningful unlocks to require from the completionist player in Player Owned Ports. Similar to the achievement "Eastern Explorer", this sits in Trim owing to the time gating of Ports.

"Build them All!" (new)

Requires building every hidey hole.

As with the Completionist cape, we want to bring some clue scroll achievements to Trim. Although filling all the hidey holes provides a performative and convenient benefit to emote clues, the gold cost of doing so feels like an unreasonable ask better suited to Trim than Comp.

"Invention Blueprints" (new) (Name TBD)

Requires all Invention blueprints to be unlocked.

Very similar to "Relic-weary" in scope and reasoning.

Edited by Mrs Deww

Achievements Added to Completionist:

"Gaps, Traps and Laps"

Asking players to complete a lap of each of these agility courses feels both achievable, and meaningful to complete.

"Power Planter II (new)"

Requires unlocking Tier 4 of the Plant Power in Sydekix's shop.

Tier 4 of Plant Power feels like the "key" unlock from the Garden of Kharid update, and thus unlocking it feels like a reasonable Completionist requirement.

"Balanced Combat Triangle", "Untangled", "Slide to the Left", "Towering Over Us All"

Clue scrolls are conspicuously missing from completionist capes - completing one of each puzzle type feels like a sensible initial request to demand of players and seems to fit in the completionist cape niche of touching all reasonable content.

"Tiers of Treasure" (new)

Requires completion of one of each clue type.

As with the previous additions, this represents an attempt to give a completionist requirement to clue scrolls.

Achievements Moved to Trimmed Completionist from Completionist:

"A Druid's Sidekick"

Moved to Trim as the effort of unlocking this shops rewards feels much more at home here, owing to the long grind (or large bean cost) it sits behind.

Achievements With Significant Requirement Changes:

"The Crocodile Hunter"

Now only requires the Increased Scarab Stacks upgrade.

The purely cosmetic golden crocodile upgrade felt like a little too much to require for Comp - it is not a key unlock for this content.

“Walk on the Wildy Side I"

Reduced the required events to 1 down from 4.

The time gate this amount of required events set was too long for the Civil War miniquests. Dropping this to 1 means you should never have to wait more than an hour to carry on with your quest.

These are excellent changes all-around! I'm delighted, and will probably consider Trim seriously after I Comp (in ten years) now.. :aww:

Thanks for sharing, Ciara! 

I'm a little shocked that a lot of the proposed additions to Trim weren't already on it. Some of those feel like they should be on Comp. I'm overall disappointed Comp is losing a couple of the larger achievements with nothing significant added, but hey...

18 minutes ago, Rafi said:

I also like the changes. Thank god I never did Chompy bird hunting 🐦

As if you were ever going to Trim :lol:

Just now, Beric said:

I'm a little shocked that a lot of the proposed additions to Trim weren't already on it. Some of those feel like they should be on Comp. I'm overall disappointed Comp is losing a couple of the larger achievements with nothing significant added, but hey...

As if you were ever going to Trim :lol:

Hey, it's a long life! I hope to have at least 50 years left. 

2 minutes ago, Rafi said:

Hey, it's a long life! I hope to have at least 50 years left. 

That's 50 more years of achievements added to the cape! 

2 minutes ago, Beric said:

That's 50 more years of achievements added to the cape! 

On the other hand, free Trim will be the purple prize on Mega Treasure Hunter.

3 minutes ago, Sirsir said:

Nah, man. It'll remain prestigious and only appear on the new ultra rare chromatic prize slot. 

3 minutes ago, Sirsir said:

I don’t pay to win. :hmph:

Adding this last bit from the reddit post:

With that in mind, when this update drops we intend to put a poll live in game asking about each of the following requirements:

• "Should the Reaper Crew achievement be required to unlock the Trimmed Completionist cape?"
  • "Should the Master Quest Cape be required to unlock the Trimmed Completionist cape?"
  • "Should the full Globetrotter outfit be required to unlock the Trimmed Completionist cape?"
39 minutes ago, UnrealDream said:

I wasn't looking forward to doing chompy so be glad to see that one gone

I understand it caused such a ruckus, Chompy is back on the menu again :P

5 hours ago, Fedal said:

Adding this last bit from the reddit post:

With that in mind, when this update drops we intend to put a poll live in game asking about each of the following requirements:

• "Should the Reaper Crew achievement be required to unlock the Trimmed Completionist cape?"
  • "Should the Master Quest Cape be required to unlock the Trimmed Completionist cape?"
  • "Should the full Globetrotter outfit be required to unlock the Trimmed Completionist cape?"

Why do I feel indifferent to these? I think it's because the comp/trim called has no more combat related benefits (i.e. no longer bis). But the master quest requirement would be a bit of a shift. 

And idk. I wonder, is 100% enrage zammy really as bad/difficult as people in Reddit are making it out to be? What do you all think?

2 hours ago, thegreatwha said:

Why do I feel indifferent to these? I think it's because the comp/trim called has no more combat related benefits (i.e. no longer bis). But the master quest requirement would be a bit of a shift. 

And idk. I wonder, is 100% enrage zammy really as bad/difficult as people in Reddit are making it out to be? What do you all think?

just like anything else, you have to learn the mechanics and be confident in your response. 

It’s less forgiving than other mechanics which is why most people are frustrated. You have to move fast, respond accordingly and know what is coming next but most people don’t bother to study the mechanic in the first place. 

There are people and resources available to learn, but people refuse to learn. 

Edited by Wolf Eyes
3 hours ago, Wolf Eyes said:

just like anything else, you have to learn the mechanics and be confident in your response. 

It’s less forgiving than other mechanics which is why most people are frustrated. You have to move fast, respond accordingly and know what is coming next but most people don’t bother to study the mechanic in the first place. 

Which mechanic exactly? It's it that thing where he drops a typeless bomb on you or something like that? This reminds me how I need to get back on and learn to better execute on these mechanics - at some point. ( 🤞for that blood soaked feather!)