Guild Wars 2

Ethan

They put all of that into GW1? Nice. My Necromancer, which was my main character, looked dumb and had an even dumber name that I had to live with...

Yep, it's all in the Guild Wars "In-Game Store" which is not actually in-game but rather accessed from the Character selection screen after you've entered your password. I think they were all nice additions to the game.

You can also get a few of the Guild Wars accessory changes at the Great Temple of Balthazar in-game. I know you can at least get your character looks and gender changed. You need one "Makeover" credit though, which I assume you buy in the in-game store, which is accessible at the Character Selection screen after you log in.

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals is the most prestigious title you can get in Guild Wars. You have to have 40 maxed titles to get that title.

Oh damn. I've only got about 12 maxed out :/

They put all of that into GW1? Nice. My Necromancer, which was my main character, looked dumb and had an even dumber name that I had to live with...

Yep, it's all in the Guild Wars "In-Game Store" which is not actually in-game but rather accessed from the Character selection screen after you've entered your password. I think they were all nice additions to the game.

You can also get a few of the Guild Wars accessory changes at the Great Temple of Balthazar in-game. I know you can at least get your character looks and gender changed. You need one "Makeover" credit though, which I assume you buy in the in-game store, which is accessible at the Character Selection screen after you log in.

That's pretty sweet. Like Moto said, I have no problem with them charging for these things, as you don't have to pay a monthly membership fee.

I don't understand the popularity of the first one. There was literally nothing to do in that game.

Titles, Elite Dungeons, Elite Armor sets, Skill Hunting, Treasure Hunting, PvP, GvG ect. How can you not find something to do? Plus every 24 hours they have new challenge missions that change every day. Basically you complete the required mission but with additional/additional requirements.

I don't understand the popularity of the first one. There was literally nothing to do in that game.

The easiest part of the game was beating the campaign. Once you beat the campaign, you've only scratched the surface of what you can actually do (and you don't have to beat the campaign to do them). I don't think I ever logged on and sat around wondering what to do. My favorite thing to do was Elite Dungeons, but also achievement/item farming.

And if you were in a good guild, the game is that much more fun.

Speaking of Guilds... we should make one. I don't want the name to be anything Gladz related, though. I've got a few names I could suggest if you (Doc and Moto) are interested in this.

Sure, let's hear your idea. If you're talking about in GW2, I'm afraid I may not be able to join you if my computer cannot handle it. I hope the case is otherwise, though.

I like to name my things after my favorite kinds of music. Like my clan tag in BF3 is [iRON] for Iron Maiden. Things like that.

Oh, and many guilds are already preparing for GW2. That one very big guild, KISS, is certainly going to be making their presence known, as well as the Raven guilds (I was actually in this guild once).

I like to name my things after my favorite kinds of music. Like my clan tag in BF3 is [iRON] for Iron Maiden. Things like that.

Oh, and many guilds are already preparing for GW2. That one very big guild, KISS, is certainly going to be making their presence known, as well as the Raven guilds (I was actually in this guild once).

Those guilds definitely weren't around when I was playing. I can't remember what the two big ones were, but I used to do a bunch of Elite Dungeons with a few members from one of the two. God I miss those days.

Anyways, the first one is related to The Grateful Dead, and the second is a Phish song.

Edit: LaZy Nation was the one I was thinking of. Not sure what the other one was still.

Edit2: Maybe it was KISS, actually. Were they primarily the Gothic side (Starts with a K?)?

Yeah I'm down to start up a Guild in GW2. I hope we can convince some more of our fellow Gladz members to buy it when it comes out, but of course we should come up with an original name.

I think in GW its best to have a somewhat long name with more than one word for your Guild. Because as you know they actually display your Clan's "Tag" next to/under your name when someone hovers their mouse over your character. And we want our tag to be something kinda cool.

We also will have to come up with a Cape design as well. We won't know what emblems and stuff will be available until it comes out. The original GW had a lot of great options so I'm sure there will be even more in GW2. We should be able to make an awesome looking cape.

I remember taking about three hours to design the cape for my guild, haha. So many choices...

I know it's insane. I'm looking forward to seeing what options we'll have for GW2. Should be awesome. I don't know if you guys like the color green but I think it would be a good background color for our cape, as I noticed it wasn't that common in GW1 (at least from my experience). I'm not just saying it because of Gladz either, I just think it would be cool. And a gold emblem would be nice too. Just some thoughts.

I also wonder if there will be Factions in GW2 like there were in GW1. Your Guild's choice of Faction didn't really matter that much in GW1 but it did play a fairly big role in the Factions Campaign storyline as you had to choose which missions to do first. I'm hoping there will be new Factions in GW2 but hopefully they will play a bigger role in your guild this time.

I'm sure there will be factions, like the different bands of Charr and Asuran colleges.

Ethan, the Gothic side you speak of is Kurzick. The opposite are the Luxons. I don't keep up with what guilds are sided with which side, though.

For cape colors, I'd be for a black background. Can't beat a black background.

I love the Kurzick Elite Armor for warriors:

283px-Warrior_Elite_Kurzick_armor_m.jpg

I have a set like that but dyed black. So the Golden parts are a Metallic Black instead.

I was in a Kurzick Guild for a long time but also spent some time in a Luxon guild too. The thing is that it never really mattered which Faction you chose because you could go back and do all of the missions you missed/skipped in the other Faction. If you wanted to get more Maxed Titles, you had to switch guilds to get the Faction based titles. But other than that it didn't matter which one you chose.

I also have this set for my warrior, also dyed black:

Warrior_Primeval_armor_m.jpg

Edited by MotoX Champ

Nice, I had a Female Dervish too. Never got Elite Armor for her though. I also never had a set of Obsidian for any characters, I had the money but never felt like spending that much time collecting the materials required.

Nice, I had a Female Dervish too. Never got Elite Armor for her though. I also never had a set of Obsidian for any characters, I had the money but never felt like spending that much time collecting the materials required.

I forget what the place was called, but that was one of my favorite things to do. As well as the Ectoplasm place.

And then the Stygian whatever from Nightfall, and the Jade place from Factions.