[Nov 9th] Raptor's Challenge | Ripper Demons

Bobby

another nail biter of a monster?

Today, the most sinister of November's four slayer monsters are unleashed upon the world: ripper demons.

These lethal melee-using monstrosities lurk in an abandoned mine east of Al Kharid, and can drop the deadly level-85 ripper claws.

They're a hard target for high-level slayers, and can crop up in the ongoing Raptor's Challenge. Remember to take your daily assignments from Raptor – who's now outside Citharede Abbey - making the most of that double XP.

Read on for further details, or play now!

Where to find Ripper Demons
Enter the abandoned mine outside the Al Kharid east gate
Requirements
  • You must be a RuneScape member
  • 96 Slayer is required to harm the ripper demons
  • 100 Combat is required to be assigned ripper demons by a slayer master
Other Information
  • Very high combat stats and your best gear are strongly recommended
Ripper demons come to you courtesy of Omnis's cracking RuneLabs pitch.

Until now, ripper demons have been the stuff of nightmarish legend – referenced in the One Piercing Note quest, in historical accounts, in tales from the Eastern Lands, and in the Song from Before the War short story.

Now they're a terrifying reality. Jump down the steps alongside the path to Citharede Abbey and make your way down into the mine entrance. The rippers lurk deep beneath the abbey – be sure you're prepared when you enter their lair.

We don't want to give too much away, but watch your health – once a ripper demon has a taste of blood, it becomes all the deadlier. They're tricky devils, too, and you'll need to stay focused to avoid their attacks.

You'll soon find that that they're dangerous right up to the point of death. Positioning is key.

Survive, and you may pick up some ripper claws. These are level 85 weapons that – when wielded as a pair - deal more damage the further the target's health is below 50%. Note that these are tradeable until they are first used.

Ripper demons can be assigned by Kuradal, Morvran and – during November – the Raptor. Note that once the month is up, the rippers will remain – they're a permanent addition to the game.

Finally, while you're on a ripper demons assignment, watch out for the next part of the key to open Raptor's chest. Hold onto it, and look out for the remaining parts in the coming weeks!

Survive, and you may pick up some ripper claws. These are level 85 weapons that – when wielded as a pair - deal more damage the further the target's health is below 50%. Note that these are tradeable until they are first used.

Do these degrade to dust or are they just forever untradeable? 

I can see these claws being very OP on gwd bosses if you equip them at half health. inb4 it cannot be used on bosses

would they work on say araxxor/araxxi?

I can see these claws being very OP on gwd bosses if you equip them at half health. inb4 it cannot be used on bosses

from what i hear, drygores / nox are still better. (which they should be)