RuneFest Reveals

Cam L

34 minutes ago, Overvoltage said:

important to manage our expectations

For real.

Treasure Trails rework

I am glad there are people that enjoy doing these. I just wish less time and resources were spent on their rewards. Most of the higher end stuff is for basically .001% of the game population. It gives people goals to strive for which is good but in the end I'd rather they spent time on other things.

ALSO, that flaming sword looks bad. It should try to match the length of the blade, though I know that'd be hard to do.

Combat Pets

The only one I like is the magic pet. ;_; Also the summoning/prayer look way too similar.

The Lost Grove

• Occupies more than 10 map squares which is even bigger than Prifddinas.

Oh...? What thissss...?

God damn it.

Solak

• New group boss.
  • Will be the toughest boss on launch.
  • Targetted to groups of upto 7 players.
  • You will die lots.
  • Will require the best teamwork and coordination since Raids.
  • Going with a different vibe than normal bossing - with Solak performing new 'sub-attacks' rather than the standard boss affair.
  • After a set number of sub-attacks, he moves onto his next phase, performing specific steps which must be stopped; growing in power if not.
  • You'll find yourself fighting up in the canopy, down on the forest floor, and around the giant tree itself with both players and Solak using the environment to their advantage during the fight.
  • You'll even have to target different section of Solak - managing multiple health bars as his arms, legs, and body become revealed during the fight.
  • Special duo-mode.
  • Plenty of unique rewards
    • T92 dual wield crossbows. Uses special ammo which is also available from the slayer monsters.

I like the sound of this, I hope it actually feels like a Yaka-esque boss fight. I hope it doesn't feel like Rago/Telos.

Group Ironman Update

• Brand new accounts.
  • Work as a team.
  • Interact fully with each other
    • Trading
    • Playing
    • Fighting

???Why???

Is this entirely there so people spend more bonds/cash on alts? This seems really silly. Either be an iron or don't. Why stick something in the middle?

Clans in 2018

• We want clans to be more than just an XP buff.
  • Make Runescape more sociable.

Most important bit and it's a note at the end, dang. I don't expect anything for clans now.

I so hope there's more than just slayer in this new forest. Concept art looks pretty cool. 

4 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

Most important bit and it's a note at the end, dang. I don't expect anything for clans now.

Tbh, I don't want anything beyond some cleanup of clan interfaces and such. I'd be very worried about clan-focused game content. Just give us reasons to group up in game and we can take it from there. 

5 hours ago, Beric said:

And what the fuck is group ironman.

9 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

entirely there so people spend more bonds/cash on alts

Youknowit'strue.

5 hours ago, Beric said:

And what the fuck is group ironman. Dang. 

It's for people who want to pretend they're getting the challenge of playing an ironman without actually inconveniencing themselves. 

You know, that's going to create a really interesting mini-economy. They'll have some group ironmans that gather materials and with differing rates of cash and item acquiring I'm sure stuff will be valued differently.

1 hour ago, AmusedDragon said:

You know, that's going to create a really interesting mini-economy. They'll have some group ironmans that gather materials and with differing rates of cash and item acquiring I'm sure stuff will be valued differently.

I'll probably make one to currency swap with rs3 tbh

38 minutes ago, Dnovelta said:

I don't know why, but when I read about the group Ironman stuff I interpreted it as if you picked a group to belong to and that was it.

Can you imagine how much that would suck when your group members lost interest and stopped playing?