POF Nuke Inbound

Deathcon

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/upcoming-player-owned-farm-changes

------------

Hello everyone,

We wanted to let you know ahead of time about our initial changes coming to the Player Owned Farms.

Please note: At the time of this post, we're testing these changes to make sure they feel right, so these numbers could change at anytime, should they do so we'll keep you updated!

We've been monitoring the content since release, along with your feedback, and feel like the activity is giving out too much Farming experience - heavily devaluing other training methods.

As a result we're going to be making the following changes which will go live in about a month from this post:

• Experience from Player Owned Farms is now modified by the health and happiness of the animal on checking, ranging from 10% to 70% of the original value, based on how well cared for the animal is.
  • Breeding in non-breeding pens is 5 times less likely to succeed and 5 times slower, the current breeding rate remains the same in the breeding pen.
  • Food rate has been modified, so small animals each need 1 food every 18 minutes, medium animals need 3 food every 36 minutes and large animals each 6 food every 54 minutes.
  • Trait hereditary nature has been increased. It is now easier to breed traits into animals born on the Player Owned Farm.
  • Shiny boosting traits have all been doubled in effectiveness.

Alongside these changes, a number of bugs have fixed to try and address those little annoying issues while on the Farm itself.

The feedback changes will still make Player Owned Farm the top method for Farming experience, however you'll be required to have a bit of upkeep on your Farm to benefit from the best experience.

Feel free to come and discuss these changes in our Discord.

I understand them wanting to bring the xp rates down, but the way they're going about this seems very punishing. 

4 minutes ago, Beric said:

I understand them wanting to bring the xp rates down, but the way they're going about this seems very punishing. 

Taking care of zygos is really rly bad now

Edit:

8 hours ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

mushrooms will def rise in pric?e

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:

19 minutes ago, thegreatwha said:

I recall you having a big stock. How many mushrooms do you have in back now Amused?

19 hours ago, Deathcon said:

Breeding?? in non-breeding pens is 5 times less likely to succeed and 5 times slower, the current breeding rate remains the same in the breeding pen??.

Rip 

16 hours ago, Beric said:

I really need to take advantage before the changes go live because I ignored hunter and regret it. 

gawddamn. Good thing I'm 99 on both my accs and have never had a desire for 120 :D 

This makes me sad for my ironman though if I ever need to collect more chins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They themselves call it a nerf. Well, at least i got my 99 out of the way. I'm guessing it will be allotment, tree runs, and farm runs for good measure when going for 120 now.  But let's be honest.  Those farm xp rates were pretty excessive. 

9 minutes ago, thegreatwha said:

They themselves call it a nerf. Well, at least i got my 99 out of the way. I'm guessing it will be allotment, tree runs, and farm runs for good measure when going for 120 now.  But let's be honest.  Those farm xp rates were pretty excessive. 

So because I never did pof on my main (got lvl 99 many years ago - no interest in 120) ... I just got the rng to get my first dragon on my hcim last week. I don't know what were the xp rates like per week with dragons? POF really didn't seem overpowered to me on a hcim just doing chinchompas and zygomites.

4 minutes ago, Pizzas said:

So because I never did pof on my main (got lvl 99 many years ago - no interest in 120) ... I just got the rng to get my first dragon on my hcim last week. I don't know what were the xp rates like per week with dragons? POF really didn't seem overpowered to me on a hcim just doing chinchompas and zygomites.

Assuming that you are also using your breeding pen to raise four dragons, it's an easy 2M base xp per week from only dragons.