Jump to content

Invention gizmo calculator


Veggie

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

Time to spend several bil getting p5e2

3 trillion people were saying, or a quarter of that if you level all of the pieces up

Link to post
37 minutes ago, Veggie said:

3 trillion people were saying, or a quarter of that if you level all of the pieces up

Is that using one arma component or 2?

Link to post
1 hour ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

Is that using one arma component or 2?

1  is 1/57,512,268

2 is 1/726,114

 

Let's just say 2M/component

57,512,268 * 2M = 115,024,536,000,000

726,114 * 4M = 2,864,456,000,000

 

I said 3 trillion above, tfw the amount that is rounded up is more wealth than I have, or possibly the entire clan? Or possibly the entire supply of Armadyl items in the game?

 

Going for P5E2 would also make P5E1 go from rare (1/73.4 when doing 3 components) to very rare (1/1132)

Link to post
34 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

I am just so surprised that placement matters.

 

 

Im surprised some of the popular perks are actually rarer with ext. Inv potion, the fuck kinda math is that.

Link to post

76b34e25792df5783f369a99c44ef2fa.png armadyl comp in center

 

dd0464b4597654ac073cd54e7d66f265.png armadyl comp off-center

 

1 armadyl component, 4 precise components  137 inv (extreme pot)   

p4e2 is #13 down the list of % chance in both images, but changing the placement of the armadyl comp shifts the % of the surrounding perks  (less % for more common perks, more % for rarer perks than p4e2)

 

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but putting the arma comp off center almost lets it move up to the 12th slot  (no context here bad cropping sorry)

 

does this even matter idk

Edited by Haze
Link to post
56 minutes ago, Haze said:

76b34e25792df5783f369a99c44ef2fa.png armadyl comp in center

 

dd0464b4597654ac073cd54e7d66f265.png armadyl comp off-center

 

1 armadyl component, 4 precise components  137 inv (extreme pot)   

p4e2 is #13 down the list of % chance in both images, but changing the placement of the armadyl comp shifts the % of the surrounding perks  (less % for more common perks, more % for rarer perks than p4e2)

 

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but putting the arma comp off center almost lets it move up to the 12th slot  (no context here bad cropping sorry)

 

does this even matter idk

why would you use armadyl comps when going for p4e2

Link to post
27 minutes ago, Veggie said:

why would you use armadyl comps when going for p4e2

Oh yea idk why I used that as an example was just playing with the calc

Link to post
1 hour ago, Haze said:

But it's still the best chance at p4e2 per gizmo so say you got some laying around anyway why not use them? 

You have a 1/73.4 chance at P5E1 with 3 Armadyl, 2 Precise, which is considered marginally better

Link to post
7 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

I am just so surprised that placement matters.

I distinctly remember this being talked about when Invention was new, but I never knew if it was reality or rumor. 

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking at PvM Encyclopedia discord channel around when calculator came out lead me to discover that people were excited about Energizing 3/Crackling 3 being possible and not being absurdly rare. Is like 1/2200 which is like 11k imbued components which costs like 500-600M but gives you powerful components too which means an overall profit if you make augmentors. I already have 33k imbued components from making augmentors in the past so I went for it and got it in like 100 attempts. 2% extra adrenaline on Wrack, and the game is bugged to not reduce the damage of Wrack with the perk (Piercing Shot and Slice are reduced).

 

32dd499af589b060937a9cebbb5cd858.png

 

So the calculator did lead to something besides just having a laugh at P5E2 chance and ending any real attempts to go for Flanking 3 Equilibrium 1.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...