The Inevitable Runefest 2019 Thread

AmusedDragon

Wha...?  And just when I thought I'd reach 90 in all skills.

This will probably be my most interesting and fastest 99 (well, in terms of energy input. Hopefully I'll be back from work not long after the release (hopefully)

1 hour ago, thegreatwha said:

Hopefully I'll be back from work not long after the release (hopefully)

Don't worry, it'll be delayed and then cancelled. 

Fingers crossed for Sailing. :aww: 

Okays guys and gals.

I want predictions now. Let's here your overly specific ideas of what will happen.

My first one:

Elite dungeon 4 is on anachronia. All the bosses are dinos and trash mobs are slayer mobs. Entirely reused assets and the dungeon looks a lot like the area in the brimhaven dungeon where the steel dragons are.

6 minutes ago, Haze said:

Announcements on stage will be drowned out by crowd chanting anti-mtx shit

Is there much overlap between the people raging about MTX and those attending Runefest? Because I'll be surprised if there is. 

New Skill will be some sort of a gathering skill (like Arch) with summoning secondaries which can also be obtained in some of the multitude re-Skinned Elite Dungeons including 1-2 planned to be placed on DINO island. 

^ Also they won't say anything but I expect it to also be something in which they can build a later second skill off of-- Similar to how Div/Invention worked out.

New skill won't be out until at least late 2020 and if it releases anytime prior to then there will be lots of bugs or there will be minimum content leaving gaps between levels and much to be desired.

Sorry I am a pessimist due to their current track record as of late :blushing:

4 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

All the bosses are dinos and trash mobs are slayer mobs.

but what about that dragonkin dude, we've gotta have a follow-up quest on that or at least have him associated with the dungeon/boss(es)

3 hours ago, Beric said:

Is there much overlap between the people raging about MTX and those attending Runefest? Because I'll be surprised if there is. 

Right, people complaining about $11/month aren't paying $184 USD (150 pounds) for a ticket unless they're mostly going to meet friends, let alone $500-$1,000 for a flight from the US (people don't live outside the US, right?)

next new quest is completely unrelated to kerapac. no use for t3 dino meats or stone spirits until 120 summoning where they make familiars objectively  worse than titan/nihil/yak 

On 9/29/2019 at 6:56 AM, Brimes said:

Don't worry, it'll be delayed and then cancelled. 

Fingers crossed for Sailing. :aww: 

Fingers crossed for delayed then cancelled.  There's already plenty of skills!

But I do agree they'll set it up to be a paired skill.  I think they gave themselves a big pat on the back for the div/inv combo. Likely whatever it is will lead to further combat power or xp rate creep like everything else they do. 

24 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

Keynote time in eastern:

Oh Shnaps!   Makes me wonder if I should change the event time.

On 10/3/2019 at 12:00 AM, Rafi said:

Fingers crossed for delayed then cancelled.

I'm hoping the same here. 

30 minutes ago, thegreatwha said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's all going to be over by like 2PM eastern tomorrow.

1 hour ago, thegreatwha said:

11PM EDT is 3AM their time. They'll be long done by then :reporter:

6 minutes ago, Beric said:

11PM EDT is 3AM their time. They'll be long done by then :reporter:

Yeah, I chose the time as it's really the only time I am surely available. :/ 

If anyone can do a closer time (including myself, which I'm looking into, though outlook not good), then we can make an easier adjustment. 

Man I was just looking through the streaming schedule and there is an awful lot of filler in these panels...

32 minutes ago, Beric said:

Man I was just looking through the streaming schedule and there is an awful lot of filler in these panels...

just gotta push through this panel and wait for the next one for content again hmmm this seems familiar

It looks like the runescape keynote is at noon eastern tomorrow instead of 1pm?