disney plus

Bryce

I agree with Jade. Netflix was great back before every company started pulling their content and starting their own streaming service because it had a huge variety for a very low price compared to your typical cable package. Now if you want to consume content from more than one or two producers, you end up shelling out $10-15/month per individual streaming service, OR you just pay around the same amount of money for cable. I'll just wait a year or two until they start offering a streaming package bundle that includes everything I want, like, you know... cable. 

Being cheap. I am not paying for it. 

My live-in babysitter ( sister-in-law) did get it though.

This morning I browsed some titles.. Lot of throw backs or otherwise hard to find things to watch. Kids are going to have a field day with it.

The only hype thing for me " The Mandalorian "

9 minutes ago, Shepherdc88 said:

The only hype thing for me " The Mandalorian "

Ya said it, mang.

Yeah, nothing for this guy. I don't believe I would every purchase a monthly or annual subscription for anything else.

Runescape is enough headache as it is. :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, Bobby said:

If you have verizon wireless service (in the states) you can get a free year of disney+

^ Specifically one of their Unlimited branded plans. 

As more Marvel originals (and hopefully one day the reemergence of Charlie Cox's Daredevil) gets added, I'll maybe look into it. For now though, there's not a lot on it that I care about. 

I'm sure I'd watch some things if I had it, both new and throwback, but like everyone else, I have no desire for another streaming service.  Netflix has more than enough content to last a lifetime.  

• 2 weeks later...

Currently I'd rank the streaming platforms as follows -

HBO (clear #1)

Disney +

Netflix/Amazon 

I have been a netflix sub since I was getting 2 dvd's at a time 10+ years ago. Their content has dried up as their prices have increased. With the removal of shows like House, Friends, The Office, and all of the Disney/Marvel content, I'd say their access to other people's content is drying up, and their exclusive content is not enough to warrant the ever increasing cost of the subscription.

Hbo is consitently putting out 1-2 "must watch" series at a time. Currently on the hook for Watchmen and Catherine the Great. Prior was Chernobyl and obviously GoT. Netflix is chasing Hbo the same way any of us would be chasing Kipchoge in a foot race.

Netflix is the only streaming service to which I ever have or will subscribe, and I rarely make use of it anyway. :P

Besides, the last thing we should do is to support Disney's nearly inexorable growth.

9 minutes ago, Deathstar said:

"must watch" ... GoT

:wacko:

• 3 weeks later...