Jump to content

Medium-Priced Herb Training


Rafi

Recommended Posts

Hey braintrust - hoping for some advice on this one.

 

What do you suggest for a balance between cost and xp/hour at level 111 herb? Trying to actually plan a few days ahead for dxp this time. 

 

- After watching a video it sounds like vuln bombs are the fastest, but are a pretty steep cost. 

- Last I heard you can profit making primal extract, but if I'm not mistake it's significantly slower than other methods.  

- I'll probably make a couple hundred more overloads as well, but obviously they can't be resold. 

- I'll of course do 4x Herby Werby, but that's neither here nor there. 

 

I'm certainly willing to sink some money in, but don't have particularly deep pockets so am trying to be somewhat prudent. 

 

*Side question: Should I try to get wise 4 on excalibur or something? I don't have much experience with invention but understand it can boost xp rates.  

Link to post
Afternine

I am doing the improved powerburst of vit from 109-120 - total cost was around 400m, which was the cheapest high-er end option available. I didn't want to spend all 48 hours doing herb, and this will get it done in about 7.

Link to post
26 minutes ago, Afternine said:

I am doing the improved powerburst of vit from 109-120 - total cost was around 400m, which was the cheapest high-er end option available. I didn't want to spend all 48 hours doing herb, and this will get it done in about 7.

So when I say on a budget, I mean 400m is more than my liquid assets, and I'm not about to sell my slay/pvm gear cause that's the only other thing I do in the game rigt noww besides chip away at 120s!

Link to post

Vuln bombs are insane xp/hr but souls/dino roars already shot up in price. The good thing about vuln bombs though is that you can sell them back for 20k+ if you hold on to them for a few months, which isn't the case for most powerbursts. But yeah they will hurt if you don't have any secondaries yet.

 

Link to post
Afternine
1 hour ago, Rafi said:

So when I say on a budget, I mean 400m is more than my liquid assets, and I'm not about to sell my slay/pvm gear cause that's the only other thing I do in the game rigt noww besides chip away at 120s!

I mean, unfortunately if you go any cheaper you're looking at exponentially more time. You could get it done for less than 100 mil up front with a few different options, but at 3k potions an hour (and I feel like that's being a bit generous) you'd be doing 150 hours DURING dxp.. which doesn't last that long.

 

But who knows, hopefully someone else can come along with some better insight than I have been able to provide.

Link to post

I could be wrong about this but I believe that Wise only gives you an additional 50K XP per day so it isn't much but it adds up. The problem is that it's just an additional 1% XP until you've gained 50K, which means if you only have Wise 1 you need to grind out 5 million XP in a day to earn an extra 50K. At rank 4 you only need to earn 1,250,000 XP to hit the daily cap though. I messed up on my Excal and only got Wise 2 or 3 I think. 

Link to post

@Afternine my goal isn’t really to go all the way to 120 this dxp.  Tortoise and the hair etc etc. Not that I purposely put it off, but being realistic I know that my bank and income would never support one massive push. Also, no chance I do 3k pots an hour! You’re crazy. I’ll be either working or watching tv as I scape. Super efficiency isn’t particularly an enjoyably experience for me. 
 

Anyways, what I’m hearing is that I should waste whatever GP I’m willing on Powerbursts and just do whatever I can of them each DXP and not worry about a middle road? 

Link to post

Side question if anyone knows - are the cost of torstol incense sticks more or less expensive per herb xp than not having them? 2% isn't a heck of a lot, and they are pretty expensive. 

Link to post
SippySenpai

I have materials for something like 18k powerbursts of opportunity. I dont’t see them being worth much after they’re made but it seems like cheap xp. I don’t recall exactly what I bought my mats for but it was a 100”ish” mil and is worth something like 37M exp on double xp?

Link to post
On 10/29/2020 at 6:28 PM, SippySenpai said:

I have materials for something like 18k powerbursts of opportunity. I dont’t see them being worth much after they’re made but it seems like cheap xp. I don’t recall exactly what I bought my mats for but it was a 100”ish” mil and is worth something like 37M exp on double xp?

These do look much cheaper gp per xp assuming they can be resold.  I'm guessing you'd need to hold onto them for a couple months after dxp for prices to stop bottoming out. 

Link to post
SippySenpai

I don’t see them reselling for much, but might try to use some of them myself to recoup some costs mining more than likely. I guess we will see. If I have to hold them for a bit to get a better chunk back then so be it

Link to post
On 11/3/2020 at 4:40 AM, SippySenpai said:

I don’t see them reselling for much, but might try to use some of them myself to recoup some costs mining more than likely. I guess we will see. If I have to hold them for a bit to get a better chunk back then so be it

I put an offer in for 1000 claws and the other secondary. Also bought 1000 dino roars.  I need to collect my winnings from @Deathcon for the baking competition so I can blow more money on xp!

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...