Felicia needs assistance

Linda

Felicia is currently looking to purchase a tablet for a child of the age 6. I do not know anything about such things, she does not either so she would like suggestions/pointers.

The intended purpose is for drawing.

Current budget is around $300 Canadian dollars to spend on Amazon.ca.

@Felicia

He had a leapfrog tablet but I found it didn't give us enough freedom, I also would like access to Google Play

Just buy an old iPad and put parental restrictions on it? (As in after purchasing some apps on a new Apple ID, remove the ability to buy/change apps). They can't be more than $100.

Are you looking for one that directly inputs to a computer or one that doesn't need to be hooked to a computer to work? :3 

Some that are designed for professional drawing need to be connected to a pc. 

This one is a bit above the budget, but you could likely find a model within range (Option 1)

So if you're looking for a stand alone tablet there were a few options I saw that might not be too bad. 

(Option 2) This one will not run photoshop, but there are other apps that you can use. 

Another suggestion I saw was getting an Amazon Fire tablet that is 10" with an active pen. The fire tablet would probably have more versatility than the other options above. 

To be clear I haven't used any of these personally, but I have had a fire tablet in the past and they are pretty handy little things. I definitely recommend reading reviews and product specs to make sure they would do what you need. Good luck!