plasmas and gaming

Frerd

I didn't even think about it but games probably are bad for plasmas. I've been playing with game mode on, but i'm paranoid the map image will burn into my screen. Anyone know anything about this game mode thing and if it works? I have a panasonic about a year old

Plasmas have changed since when they were first introduced, honestly, if you grab yourself a new plasma, the burn-in effect is no longer existent. Anyway, when it comes to fast-paced games like COD, you'll need something smooth on the eyes, and quick to show fast-emitting particles. Prices on HDTVs have gone down on the old 120hz refresh rates, some of the ones that are still pricy are the alleged, 240hz, and even then, some claim to give a bit more. Then there's companies like Sony who decided to make their own terminology to describe smoothness. Plasmas are the only ones (as of now) that offer pretty insane refresh rates of at least 600hz, this is great for gaming, and a bit unrealistic for Movies, (assuming you mind the soap opera effect it gives) think of an image so smooth, it looks fake on some movies if you critique much. Anyway, take my words as a grain of salt, but i pretty much just saved you some legwork. Oh and also, people still aren't all convinced with Plasmas due to their burnt past. (no pun intended) in the end, it's your choice to make, YMMV.