07 first poll for updates info

Bryce

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Old_School_RuneScape_Week_2

Hi everyone,

Two weeks since the launch of Old School RuneScape and the community is going strong! We’re delighted to have a group of players that really love the game and are talking constructively about the community and the game’s future.

As mentioned in the last devblog, this week we patched in a bunch of fixes, most notably reinstating the Construction skill and with it Player Owned Housing. It’s been fascinating watching the tussle for supremacy on the Construction hi score table :)

For next week our main update (all going well) will patch back in Barbarian Assault.

We’re also aiming to get the first community content polls open next week. We’ve been listening carefully to the discussion of this topic following last week’s devblog, and there has been a lot of agreement from within the community about how such polls should be run. Therefore we’ll be setting up the polls to run under the following principles:

Each feature poll will have a yes/no answer

Each feature poll will run for a week, although we will often run several polls at once.

A feature requires 75% yes vote in order to be successful.

Only players with at least 100 total level in Old School RuneScape can vote.

The features being polled will be drawn from community discussions in the Old School Feedback forum and then filtered & shortlisted by the developers to make sure what’s requested is possible within a reasonable time frame.

We’re going for fairly quick and simple changes for this first content poll. We’ve not locked these down yet, but to give you a taster of our current plans for the features to be voted on in the first content poll:

Easter event – the 2007 Easter holiday event is re-activated to coincide with Easter this year.

Herb naming – unidentified herbs become grimy <herb name>.

Remove roof – a command to toggle the visibility all roofs on and off.

‘Enter’ to login – the enter key submits login information, rather than only the login button.

Bank booths – left click bank booths to instantly open the bank interface.

F2P worlds – still members only, but allows PKers to fight with F2P gear restrictions

We’ve also been thinking about whether the game should have rares or holiday items, and if so how they should be introduced. There’s been some community discussion of this already, but now’s the time to focus the ideas towards a feature proposal for everyone to vote on in a subsequent set of polls. Please take a look at the official rares thread here to get involved in that discussion.

I also wanted to let you know that we’re still working in the background to integrate more of our anti-bot technology into the Old School servers, and as part of this banned several hundred gold farmers yesterday.

‘Enter’ to login – the enter key submits login information, rather than only the login button.
Is it really necessary to have a vote for such a minor thing. :sly:

Is it really necessary to have a vote for such a minor thing. :sly:

they dont want to screw it up :lolface: (which is good) :D Edited by FreeBall In

What was so special about the 2007 Easter event? I don't remember what it was.

Nevermind, I get it. 

Edited by Pyrolord
I fucking hope they don't put tradeable rares in the game

Why? I don't think they'd become valuable until years and years down the line if at all.

When rares were released, nobody knew what they would become. Now everyone will have them and won't get rid of them waiting for them to increase. But they won't.

They'll just be another common; not rare item.

Maybe I'm just biased, but I just don't want the game to turn into another wealth-hoarding thing.
To be fair, that's entirely possible without any rares.
Maybe I'm just biased, but I just don't want the game to turn into another wealth-hoarding thing.

Besides, how is Jagex supposed to distribute them?

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?322,323,286,64494947

Hi everyone,

As mentioned in the recent devblog, we want to pull together a feature proposal for rares in the Old School game, so that we have something specific for the community debate and vote on. By rares we mean very limited or discontinued items, which could include tradable rares such as party hats and Halloween masks, but also untradable ones such as bunny ears and the rubber chicken.

We're thinking about a bunch of options; but essentially there are two core questions to help us shape the feature proposal:

1) What items should we bring back and how tradable should they be?

Lots of options here, for instance:

- Bring back all of the items up to 2007 with the same trade rules.

- Only bring back the untradable ones.

- Bring them all back but keep them untradable.

2) What method, initially, would get rares into the game?

Many options here too; feel free to support one or suggest more:

- Rare rewards from Treasure Trails

- A slim chance to win on Rare Drop Tables

- A reward to the players at the top of a hi score table at the end of each month

- Spawned for pick up at community events

We can always add different methods at a later date, of course, based on future polls.

Also please remember we do not and will not ever have any mechanism to transfer items between Old School and the main RuneScape games.

To be fair, that's entirely possible without any rares.

It may be possible, but there isn't really anything special to show for it, therefore less people will be inclined to do it.

What's more impressive, owning 100,000 Dragon Longswords or, say, a blue partyhat?