Solo Dungeoneering

Memphus

Alright so I just threw together a really sloppy guide on how to most efficiently do solo Dungeoneering. I apologise for missing a lot of vital information, and rambling on about unimportant things. I plan on redoing this guide, with a script, so I can go into better detail about binds and such, and why I drop gatestones at certain points, etc. But hopefully this is enough to get you started onto the path to Dungeoneering epicness.

They buffed up the solo XP rates, so now it's actually much better XP to just solo C6 all of your floors, rather than waste time finding groups of randoms (if you have a team doing back-to-back floors, that is still better, but backing out every floor to find a new team is XP waste).

Also I forgot to mention in the video why I buy feathers and why it is important. Since the toolbelt update, you no longer need to buy tools at the start of the dungeon. But you don't get feathers on your toolbelt, and there are 2 types of puzzle doors that REQUIRE feathers. So make sure you don't forget to buy them! They are super cheap. You only need like 5.

I rambled on a bit in this video, but the important things to note are:
1) Pick up something off the table
2) Sell it to the smuggler, buy feathers and rune essence
3) Craft cosmic runes and law runes (I use the slider to do 1/3rd cosmic runes because they craft 2x as many per essence)

4) Pick up keys! Don't forget to check under the smugglers feet, and under monsters feet in other rooms!
5) Go go go, don't stop moving! When you reach a fork in the road or a door you don't have the key for, drop a gatestone and teleport to the other one to keep on going. Don't waste time backtracking your steps.

For your binds, here is what you want:
1) Weapon (TWO HANDED!!! dual wield is waste of bind slot), any combat style you prefer. So maul/spear/2h, or staff, or shortbow. Use whichever you have the highest tier for.
2) Body armour matching your weapon choice (since the wrong type reduces your accuracy)
3) A 2nd weapon, this one being whatever is STRONGEST against the monsters that give you the hardest time. So if your main weapon is melee, you struggle against mages, so bring a bow as your 2nd weapon.
Melee main = Ranged backup
Ranged main = Magic backup
Magic main = Melee backup
You don't see it happen in this video, but if I run into a level 198 forgotten ranger, I'd have a really slow time killing him with my staff, so that is why I have a primal spear. Also, it's hella helpful against certain bosses likes Astea Frostweb and Runebound Behemoth, who use protection prayers.
4) For 100+ DG, you get a Shadowsilk hood. It's still super effective, despite what the hooligans try to tell you. Blood necklace is good here too.

And now, the (crappy) video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXB1BFZTSN8
Edited by Memphus