RS2007 Clan Cup

*Tom*

Still bitter that they were "to busy" to host in RS3 and other players had to. By busy I mean doing nothing but not fixing broken stuff :hmph:

/end rant

Will be interested to see how things go with fewer clans involved that what there has been in the past.

The thing I will say which I already talked with Tristan a bit about. When compared to RS3, we on RS2007 have a pretty much glitch free server with very few updates. Yeah there are some glitches but it isn't anywhere near that of RS3. We have 5 mods who's only job at JaGex is the maintenance and (very limited) development of the 2007 servers.

They have more time to interact with our community as is seen by multiple of them frequently posting on fansites such as RSC and getting involved in our discussions. Mod Mat K is also highly involved in the clan scene and we have been developing something with his help that should be coming into play in the very near future. 

I understand the frustration, but the 2007 server is obviously much more PvP oriented as far as players go so JaGex saw it more beneficial to host the tournament here instead of on RS3.

When compared to RS3, we on RS2007 have a pretty much glitch free server with very few updates. Yeah there are some glitches but it isn't anywhere near that of RS3. We have 5 mods who's only job at JaGex is the maintenance and (very limited) development of the 2007 servers.

They have more time to interact with our community as is seen by multiple of them frequently posting on fansites such as RSC and getting involved in our discussions.

Is every Jagex Mod also a developer/programmer? I was under the impression that at least a few served the role of community management (if poorly).

Oh God. Post from Mod Mat K on RSC: 

I'm not going to lie to you guys, there is a demand from the community for clan wars but I am well aware of why you guys are concerned about it. The clan cup is nothing to do with sneaking in clan wars via the back door, but all about being able to give you a clan cup which will help to advertise clans.

When we do have to address the question of adding clan wars permanently (and we will), we will work with the clan leaders to come up with a solution that doesn't impact on the wilderness.

Mat.

He's helping us with something Wilderness wise at the moment too. Clan Wars will inevitably happen because there's so many people that like the PvP aspect but don't want to risk anything. The one thing that I have already suggested to him in some of our discussions is basically the modification of Fight Pits with the option for team battles with the winning side splitting up either a staked pot or X amount of tokkul based on the amount of players in the fight. I went a lot more into detail but that is basically the summary of it.