Dante's Guide to Quick Flipping

Dante Smokes

Hey everyone, a lot of people have been asking about ways to make money so i thought I'd share one of the ways that I do.  :biggrinlove:

You don't really need much to start, when i returned to the game i had around 5M and made it into 30M in a week. 

Quick flipping is basically buying the max amount of an item/items and then selling them for profit. To do this, there are only a few things you need to do first.

1. Test the margins

Margins are the max/min amount people are willing to buy an item for, and some items have wider margins than others (more gp between max/min price)

To test this, I buy ONE of an item i believe to be profitable at around +10% market price to ensure it buys at max, then selling it for around -10% market price.

This will give you your margin:

4p3h.png

You can see here with frost dragon bones, the margin is about 300 per bone.

Since Frost dragon bones have a buy limit of 1,000 per four hours, you can potentially make 300k per four hours off of these alone.

2. Buy/Sell the Items for the right price

Since here the margins are 16,501 and 16,799, i will buy them for about 16,505 and sell them for about 16,795 , just to ensure that I start getting the items.

3. Profit! 

(for the sake of the guide i only did 109 bones because that is  all that bought in the 10 mins it took to write this all out :P )

82np.png

Thats really it guys. my method of doing this might not be the best, but I have DEFINITELY profited from this.

I would fill all the GE slots, then come back to them and sell them once there done, and just repeat!

I love this method because no matter what i'm out doing , i know im always making at least 300k /hr .

Other materials limits per four hours include:

Ores 25k

Bars 10k

Logs 25k

Herbs 10k 

Fish (raw) 20k

Fish(cooked) 10k

Bones: 10k (except for Frosts)

Thanks everyone, i hope this helps!

margins are that low now?

when i did that sort of thing it was 150k-250k per item on smaller 10m items and 1m standard on bigger stuff like ags. margins per flip were standard 1-2%.

If you're gonna spend your time with this you need multiple buying accounts to avoid lockouts on good deals.

Good guide. Straight to the point.. may be worth giving a few more examples of items to buy.. pre eoc I ise to do dragon boots and I use to make 500k every 4 hours.

Good guide for people just getting started I'm going to add a more in-depth guide down here for another flip potential:

First: 

Req. ~10m+

When I have between 10m-50m sitting in GP, I merch using the forum's post "God Wars Items v5" (Just google pc 101, click the first link to forums). Here is a quick link to it:

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?17,18,257,65045816

So basically what happens on this thread is people post all of the prices of bandos,armadyl,subjugation, and a few other items.

It's easy to use, you buy the items at the low prices, and sell near the higher prices to make really easy money. I usually buy all of the bandos items, then subj, then armadyl. It's quite easy to build up your cash stack using this method.

Example:

Bandos Helm 5.1-5.5

I would buy bandos helmet for around 5.1m, probably like 5140k, then once it bought I would sell it for 5440k. That's a 300k profit and it's extremely easy! Usually I buy items before a slayer task, then sell them after the slayer task. 

Second:

Req: 50m+

Same as first, but use the forums post "Nex and SS" and do the same thing using torva/pernix/virtus. It's just as simple as the GWD items but much bigger rewards, I usually make around 700k per item. I like this method too because they have a FC you can go to "Nex and SS" where people post the items at the current time, so you don't have to risk the item being outdated. 

This thread is a little bit harder to read, so i'm going to break it down here for everyone with an example:

T 30~/<60/41-2

P 11-2/21-2/<20
V 24-5/24-5/24-5

Now these items are posted in the order:

Helm/plate/legs

~ means you buy ~500k of the price.

If i was buying Torva helmet, I would buy it at 29700k, and sell it around 30300k. 600k profit.

< means you want to buy it for less than the price.

If i was buying Torva plate, I would buy it for 59200k and try to sell for around 59700k. 500k profit

-  its basically the same as < as far as i know.

If i wanted to buy Torva legs, I would buy 41200k and sell for 41800k. 600k profit.

I hope this helps some people find items :)!

This is what I bought for:

fQrf5aC.png

and this is what everything sold for (bought before I went to ZGWD, put up to sell after first trip, was sold after second)

DeMpxMH.png

Total profit:

practically no work at all :) 

unless the have changed the limits, You can buy the limit and sell right back to reset it as if u havnt really bought it. I used to flip 10k+ frost bones every hour and like 2k glories an hours for quick cash flipping. Previously if you bought the item and sold it back the limit never affected you

I'm like 75% sure they removed the ability to do that, after you buy an item you can no longer re-purchase it from the g.e for another 4 hours. Ahhhh the good ol day though ;)

:wtf:    ......         :confused0089:       .......      :dizzy:      ......       :blushing:

my only comment is that I have never held more than 5 mil and that was like  :gladz:  so, I may have to ask you for a coaching session dante >.> thanks a lot though... this could definitely be a game changer

• 1 month later...

Been merching a lot to try and get money for the double xp weekend (going for pray and herb) I'm having a lot of luck with raw fish, just so ya know