Return to Ashdale & Choose Your Path

James

Return to Ashdale & Choose Your Path

In today's free-to-play update, those of you who've completed A Shadow over Ashdale can return to the island to battle the crassians and their leader. You can also get advice on what to do next from the Choose Your Path system, or show off your skills as a high flyer on the hiscores.

Read on for more information, or log into RuneScape now!

Gudrik's House

Terror from the Depths

Speak to Gudrik in Taverley to head back to Ashdale. Once you're there, be sure to activate the new lodestone for future access.

Via a new entrance in the north-west corner of the island, you'll be able to access a new combat area, populated with crassians ready for a scrap - great for low-level combat training. You'll also find a dead man's chest, that allows you replay the quest's final boss fight.

Prevail against the boss, and you'll net yourself more black pearls, which can be used for a level-scaled chunk of bonus XP in the skill of your choice.

Note that members can get two of these pearls per week, and both can be used on the same day. Free players can get one per week. The pearls from the quest can still only be used once per day.

Back on Dry Land

We've also added a big batch of content to the Path System. Once you're done with Gudrik's initial path content, the Path tab will switch to the Choose Your Path system. This offers guidance for a range of different tastes. Combat, skilling, questing - whichever you like best, Choose Your Path has advice on where to find the RuneScape's finest content.

Open up the 'Adventures' interface and select the 'Path' tab to see the choice that's on offer.

Riding High

The Ninja Team have snuck in a few new rewards for the hiscores, and for owners of the max and completionist capes.

Firstly, we've introduced a new title - 'the Supreme' - for anyone who's reached number one on any of our hiscore tables.

Next up, the top 100 players in a seasonal hiscore category now have access to its reward title - not just the first-place player. The first-place player will get a special gold version of the title to show off their achievement, though.

Finally, we've added two new titles - 'Maxed' and 'the Completionist' - for owners of the max and completionist capes respectively. Note that you'll need to equip (or remove and re-equip) the cape to unlock its title.

Enjoy!

There's new combat content for everyone here, all-important guidance for players wondering what to do next, and more ways than ever to show off what you've achieved. As always, let us know your thoughts over on the forums.

The RuneScape Team

In Other News

Get your Weapons of Fire cosmetic overrides - hot off the shelves - from Solomon's General Store today!

I highlighted the only part that really mattered to me. Fighting the boss from the quest gives you roughly 40 K bonus XP per week in any skill you want. It took me less than 4 minutes for both fights, so there is no real reason not to try and do it. There is also a lodestone in Ashdale now for easy travel. I'd suggest adding it to your routine, like Tears of Guthix.

It's so beautiful there :aww:

It turns my cape a really weird blue colour. :jade:

Yeah, I go more teal than green.

I had only brought a few half pizzas and no quest guide to that boss fight and we KO'ed each other at the same time.  It was a pretty epic match up.