Zaina's all inclusive tormented demons guide

Zaina

Hello all, clan wanted a guide and here it is. Not good at writing so it may be choppy. Ask me in game with questions.

Ok, first thing i've been asked is gear. Now, I am personally 99 defense and practice my switches enough that I barely get hit, causing me to usually soak any damage I take. I usually eat only 1 rocktail every 5-7 mins on average.

Here is the gear I use. I use hybrid zammy so I take no accuracy deduction on my attacks. I also take swift gloves and death lotus helm because they offer a high LP value (Which comes into play for using guthix's blessing every now again) and because range offers decent defense against magic and ranged combat from the demons. The use of holy water is something I STRONGLY suggest. I cannot stress this enough, and when I see somebody use Darklite I have to tell them about the wonderful lord and savoir, holy water. Basically what happens is the demons start off praying melee, which means you cannot take the shield off immediately. This leads you to whacking the demons around with a severely diminished ranged or melee attack. Why not use holy water? It allows you to speed the kill up by 10-20%.

g6vAnjm.jpg

No onto inventory, I take 2 overloads and 2 prayer renewal. This lasts me for 1 hour at tormented demons exactly. I also generally take 3 super restores, you will usually only ever go through 1-1 and 1/2 but I take extra just in case I forget to prayer renewal dose (which happens more than you would think :3) Along with that you also have the sapphire lantern, emergency tellie and runes for highest level fire spell and your weapon switches. Fill the rest of the inventory with rocktails. (I dont take a summon, those are for squares.)

TQHMgiS.png

Ok, here is the fun part. A TON of this is stuff you learn by yourself. Its sort of hard to learn how to lure from a guide but lets try.

These are the optimal strats. This is how your lure should look. The tormented demon by the entrance is captured by our little friend there (Ill get to that in a moment) While the other two (the ones you should focus combat on) are tucked neatly in both corners.

(notice the minimap)

FFnvt2d.png

Now, onto the little friend, here he is stuck nicely in the center of everything. He is there for two reasons. 1 would be to trap the demon by the very beginning.

YZlryRZ.png

The other is a bit complicated and I have to try to explain it without a picture. Basically, from what i've gathered on spawn rotations is the following. Three demons spawn on both sides. Three on north side, and three on south side. The demon that is normally around the entrance spawns from the south of that little rock there. If you happen to kill him (which I often do when I kill those 2 demons are dead and havens spawned yet) He will spawn right to the south of that. If you stand on the north end of that rock, right in the middle, only one demon in the entire room will be able to attack you at any given time. He is the best friend a TD'er can have.

Basically, only ever have one demon on you at any given time, if not pain happens. And usually quickly.

Fighting the demons is quite easy. Turn up game sound effects to max. If the demon roars it changes styles around...60% of the time. It functions quite similarly to Tz-Tok-Jad in this regard. If the sound you hear is a snapping bone, its a range attack. If you hear the sound of fire, its the magic attack. Watch your prayer closely, pot up on Overload/Super zammy brew when needed.

For combat, I tend to use the following ability list, I can share the set in game if you add me and want me to send them over to you.

E17IK8R.png

Couple tips on this setup.

Use sacrifice for if you are under 5K LP. It helps stay continually at that point. Under 5K is dangerous if a demon would happen to wander.

Use the following combo for max damage on ranging, Dazing shot (if using 2H range) peircing shot, and finally snapshot. Since snapshot's damage counts the two hits as one hitplat, it will not trigger the prayer switch. This allows more damage to be done in a single phase of prayer switching.

Likewise, use this combo for mage, sonic wave, Omnipower and SPAM THE HELL OUT OF impact. The moment you click omnipower start clicking impact. Because it takes a small amount of channeling time for omnipower to come out, you can stack another ability on it on the same game tick, this causes the demon to take a MASSIVE amount of damage and not switch from ranged prayer while doing it.

Use guthix's blessing when you have adrenaline to burn (usually when Omnipower is on CD)

Also, a bit of a tip on holywater. Its incredibly tedious to make, im sure we all know that. But when using abilities the holywater dosent dissapear after being thrown. Just queue piercing shot at the start of the kill and click on the demon, then switch to your range/mage switch.

If I forgot anything ill add it to the OP. Ask me in game for further questions. dontcrashmeonw66plz='c

Edited by Zaina-Zin

good guide for beginners, best td method is duo though, and requires some experience, as the kills/hour far exceeds that of a solo hour. good luck to anyone who goes to tds :)

I like to use bunyips/Unicorns so I can stay around 5-6 ovls but its pretty exhausting lol also a dark light which is a pain sometimes but I like it so I have ultimate's ready for when the shields broken. I have a guide one of my friend's friend uses that's 120 k/ph but its too new school for me. I only average 60-70 k/ph doing it my slower way. Td's blow if you're new to them lol

Also try weapon poison ++ it's pretty good.

Edited by Scuzzedout

Oki, so, I'm here to improve on Zaina the Hacker's guide.

I believe I have found several tips which will exponentially step up your TD Hunting game.

First.

This spot. Is God.

fxMrXAB.jpg

What this does, is actually safespotting the demon. You will NOT get hit by this demon when he switches. I don't really know why, but when you trap the demon this way, and he switches, he will stop attacking using mage or range. 

This is how you trap him.

uGjE6f4.png

This is where the spot is on the map.

Start by going to a crappy world, or any, then going to this spot: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jqgYg76.jpg

Then, relog into our homeworld of 66 <3 (Unless Im there then can you please leave <3)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A693u57.jpg

This should be what happens.

Wait for the guy on the right to spawn, he should spawn right of your spot if your camera is set up like mine.

KPmlWc2.jpg

Then go to this spot to lure the right guy (Or the entire fucking group if youre unlucky like me ;-; ) 

J4lKMjs.jpg

Finally come here and it'll isolate that one guy.

T02bICf.jpg

Go to this spot and he wont attack :3, sometimes and this is very rare he WILL attack, usually only for one prayer switch then hell stop again :3.

TUzdrax.jpg

Kill dat mofo then wait here till he respawns ^^

Don't get too excited about loot unless you're Zaina, bc this happens effing a lot ;-;!

jHeO6iv.jpg

Shine for effing dwarf weed ;-;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my typical invent (No bank room to store loot xD. Need less prayer bc I'm safespotting)

YsvJrY7.png

Holy water is equipped.

HOW TO HOLY WATER LIKE BO.

Kk.

So.

Requirements:

Legends Quest (Or done some part of it up till the Kharazi Jungle)

70 Gold bars or so.

Lodestone Teles.

Our Beautiful Citadel :3

Machete and hatchet and stoof in your toolbelt.

Lots and lots of empty vials.

Book of Binding from Legends quest

Bull Roarer also from LQ

A way to restore magic points/levels.

1. Get the gold bars or so, and head to west Varrock bank. Click the anvil and it'll ask if you want to make a gold bowl. Hit yes, and repeat until you finish the bars, you should have around 27-30 gold bowls now.

2. Go to the Kharazi jungle with a bull roarer and the rest of your inv full of gold bowls (Lodestone to Karamja, walk north, pay Hajedy, leave Shiloh, Cut through the first part of bushes/trees closest to Shilo, and walk south west till you find a tiny water pool clearly shown on the map.

3. Twirl your bull roarer or whatever one does to a bull roarer, and some dude in a loincloth will come out of the bushes. He'll bless your bowls. One. By. One. After effing sessions of meditations. 

4. Now that you have blessed gold bowls (Make sure all of them are blessed) Drop some and right click the reeds next to the pool and cut them, use the reeds on the pool to fill up the bowls.

5. After filling up the bowls, TELEPORT out, you can't walk out or the water will dissapear.

6. Bank your inventory, and go to our citadel. In the Keep is the bank dude, and next to him is an altar. Take out your book of binding and vials, and enchant them while restoring your prayer in the altar. Note that you'll need a way to restore your magic while doing this.

7. After enchanting a lot of vials (Each bowl fills 10 vials, so if you filled an inventory with golden bowls you'll need 270 enchanted vials.), use them on the bowls.

8. YOU HAVE HOLY WATER, go make bank :3

Edited by Quester Bo

Intredasting, Thats awesome. Not sure how it fairs on Kills per hour. Also tanks Scuzz on telling me to use poison it does incredible damage.

the hell is that black bead

Edited by Zaina-Zin

Was killing imps/chickens. Cause swag.

Updated my post to include pics and shiz :3

Gladz be making bank soon ^^

You're also crazy for not using Incendiary shot for ranged. It shoots an arrow, and gives you a 3 second time frame to mash your basics, ( I use dazing shot), and it'll hit massive damage + dazing

Should I have made a new thread with all this info >.>?

Edited by Quester Bo

Thanks Zaina & Bo!  I may try this out when I head to my Mom's this week and take over my brother's lovely computer of no lag and awesome :aww: