Dungeoneering Dilemma

Tyxi

I have always hated Dungeoneering. I think that is, at least in part, because I don't understand it.

***********Does anybody know of any extremely detailed and helpful guides I can consult?**************

Thanks and have a beautiful day, evening, or night!!!      :inky:  :inky:  :pacman:  :pacman:

I don't have a guide but it's very simple.  ALSO: The runescape wiki has guides on all puzzle rooms and such, so consult that for the finer details.

Your level dictates how many floors you can go into daemonheim. Your prestige, floor size, and complexity determines your xp.

So what you do is you go into a dungeon with either a team or solo and you complete it. It will have various puzzles and monsters to kill with a boss in one of the rooms. When you beat the boss you can leave and get xp.

As you level up you will be able to do more floors but if you do every floor available to you you will get reduced experience for doing them again unless you "reset". Reset is what gives you higher prestige.

Let's assume you can go as deep as floor 5. You do floors 1 to 5 and then you hit "reset" in the dungeoneering ring interface and now you are 0/5 floors done but your prestige level is now 5.

Now you run through floors 1-5 and you get more xp this time around, maybe even enough to unlock floors 6 and beyond. Let's assume that you actually get enough levels redoing floors 1 to 5 to unlock floors 6-10. Now after you do 1 to 5 just keep going and do 6-10 as well. When you hit 10 and cant go further reset again and now your prestige is 10~!

Now doing floors 1-10 will give you even more xp than before and so on and so on.

Lower level dungeoneering is tough and a lot of people use dailys such as Dungeoneering Sinkholes (Link: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Sinkholes) to boost them higher or they do a lot of small sized complexity 6 dungeons. (which take like 3-5 minutes to do and are decent xp).

Basically:

Go as deep as you can. Reset. Go through all the dungeons again and then go further as you'll probably level up enough to go deeper than before. Reset again when you reach the end.

Edited by AmusedDragon

Thank you SO much. This is exactly the kind of clear, concise explanation I've been looking for. I can go to Rune Wikia for specific puzzles if I don't know how to do them, but going to that page for basic information was just such a turn-off...there is SO much on that page, I found it rather intimidating. Anyway, thanks again.