Get me 99 farming

Pizzas

I'm a newb who uses xp lamps on farming. I've also gotten a lot of warbands xp in it, and a bit from seedicide. I can't remember the last time I did a series of farming runs. But, if I want to max... I need to get this shit done.

I decided screw the cost, why not be max and poor? Rebuilding bank could be fun. I need to buy 95-99 con, 91-99 fletch, and 90-99 farming as well as 11-99 invention for max. The other 2 skills are just dungeoneering and hunter. (also getting 99 div in about 21 hours)

Teach me to farm effectively. Can I get 99 farming within a month? My cashstack is about 350m and I just need to split it between con-fletch-farm so the cost really isn't an issue. That being said, I'd like to just get this skill done ASAP.

I have all quests done, which means I have access to any farming location I think. idk where they all even are because I don't do the skill..

Locations please? (Fruit trees, trees, is anything else worth doing?)

How frequently should I check on the trees, and what do I pay for each plant to be protected? Please if you can answer this and just help me get 99 farming. :D ily gladz <3 

Do Fruit Trees, all of the patches. Highest level you can afford. Do a single run a day.

Do a Calquat tree a day.

IF you want a lot of XP but also spend more time training farming do watermelon patches when you do your herb runs. They give a lot of xp and add up quickly. Do a lot of these Herb/Watermelon runs a day. Between slayer tasks or whatever you are doing.

I've never done wood trees so I'm not sure how often you can do runs for those or what's best.

Don't pay for trees, it's really a waste of money as they only rarely die and the payments are costly (do use supercompost, though). Plant herbs whenever you think about it, they'll help offset your tree expenses and give some steady xp. 

Here's info on growth windows: http://www.indecentcode.com/farmclock/index.php

2 minutes ago, Beric (Ironeyes) said:

Don't pay for trees, it's really a waste of money as they only rarely die and the payments are costly (do use supercompost, though). Plant herbs whenever you think about it, they'll help offset your tree expenses and give some steady xp. 

Here's info on growth windows: http://www.indecentcode.com/farmclock/index.php

This is what I was going to post. Maple trees grow more quickly but give a lot less xp. I preferred using magic trees for 99 because it was larger chunks of xp. 

Warbands + herb runs as often as possible + fruit and wood trees. Do other allotments as you remember.

I gave up on doing watermelons because with the magic farming scissors that my phone currently keeps trying to auto correct to "senators" I found that I'd be there for +20 minutes just collecting an endless supply of watermelon. It's possible to get 50 from a single patch and it becomes quite common once you're at a high enough level and using farming auras. Lol

Oh. The upcoming double xp weekend. Make sure you plan it out so that way the first thing you do when you log in is check all of your crops. 

I can't find a guide on the internet for how to get to each tree / fruit tree location in the most efficient manner, surely one of you is able to help me out?

Euhm it has been a super long while since i've done a big run, but i'll try to explain/remember what i did. Though i only barely remember i also doubt its very efficient

First i'll talk about your basic herb run since with juju farming potion you want to do them as close to eachother and fast as possible to do them in 1 dose.
You'll want to plant torstol at 90 farming and felkstalk from level 91.

- You start at the trollheim patch (tele to trollheim and run northwest) once inside go south and loop around to the left and up some stairs. 
Now you're at the patch, drink your juju farming potion, and note the herbs after you collect them

- Now do all the other patches i'll just tell you were they are ardougne, priff (cryws + another bush patch if you'd want to do this), draynor, canafis and catherby
(You can use all these methods for transport: ectophial, crystal tele seed (needed anyways), explorers ring, ardy cape.

I'd recommend to do catherby last, since if you run south-east you can do your fruit tree right after the farm run.

Now i usually tele to trah and do a 'wood' tree here. Then tele to letya for another fruit tree. Last crystal tele is to meilyr for a fruit tree.

After this I tele to lumbridge, do the 'wood' tree there. Run north and do the bush/hops patches there since i'm passing through anyways (they're not that great) 
So keep running north untill you at varrock palace, here you do yet another 'wood' tree.
Now i tele to yanile for another hops patch and then run north-west to do the farming patch outside tree gnome village ( you pass a fairy ring here, if wanted you could cks to a mushroom patch but i wouldn't recommend it) , then enter it. ( or find a spirit tree and tele to tree gnome stronghold and get out) Whatever you do here (re)enter tree gnome village and spirit tree to the gnome stronghold and do both the 'wood' tree and the fruit tree here.
We're nearly done and now you tele to brimhaven, (run south for your caclquat) and run north for another fruit tree. Tele to falador, and run into the park and do you're 'wood' tree.
For the final location you'll need to tele too is taverly. ( if you have withdoctersmask ignore this and bring it) Run east but when you pass the herblore shop, buy a juju teleport spiritbag but still do your 'wood tree' before you use the teleport. Enter the herblore habitat and do your last tree. 

This is very rough and might also have a million grammer/spelling mistakes in it I just hope i kinda helped and gl with the farming gainz.

Cool, I came up with my own plan. 

falador, lumbridge, varrock teleport tabs or the runes for them

2 teleport crystals

1 juju spirit bag

kalquat seeds + yew/magic tree seeds + palm tree seeds

Right after school do yew trees. At the end of the day do magic trees. Otherwise stay up late for some xp (double magics)

jack of trades items

1. ACTIVATE JACK OF TRADES

2. Tree - Trah - teleport crystal

3. Fruit - Meilyr - teleport crystal

4. Fruit - Lletya - teleport crystal + recharge it

5. Tree - gnome - teleport crystal to max guild - big chin portal - run west

6. Fruit - run north 

7. Fruit - spirit tree to gnome village - follow elkoy - run south

8. Tree - teleport tab to varrock 

9. Tree - teleport tab to falador

10. Tree - teleport tab to lumbridge

11. Fruit - juju bag - run south

12. Fruit - karamja lode - run north
13. calquat - run south from fruit

14. Fruit - Catherby tree + herb patch

15. Tree - Taverly lodestone + north to burth for jack of trades.

Maximum xps (nothing dies)

6 tree patches                 7,069*6 + 13,768*6    = 125022

7 fruit tree patches          10,150*7                    =  71050

1 calquat patch               12,096                        =  12096

208168 * 6% avatar = 220,658 xp per day   

20k+ xp per day from jack of trades

15k xp per day after 94 for crystal tree

About a month for 90-99 if I carry this out properly

Credit to @Beric (Ironeyes) for this jack of trades routine

Spoiler

Well, Burthorpe + Taverly

Typical run - 

Start at the agility course and do a lap = 1 skill (I will sometimes create a div item to avoid this step)

hit the bank and alch something = 2 skills

kill a wolf with melee (with shared xp): attack, str, def, con = 6 skills

bury the bones = 7 skills

kill a second wolf with range = 8 skills

pop into the mine, grab a copper and tin ore = 9 skills

smelt the ores = 10 skills

pick flax (farming xp) = 11 skills

spin bowstring = 12 skills

pickpocket a pompous merchant = 13 skills

fish crayfish = 14 skills

cut two logs = 15 skills

light one and cook a crayfish = 16 skills

fletch one = 17 skills

catch a bird = 18 skills

hit the herblore shop and grab the free attack potion supplies = 19 skills

run to the summoning shop, use the free pouch supplies = 20 skills

Edited by Pzs

@Brentje97  Do herb runs separately from the rest of the stuff. You want to have a juju potion active while collecting herbs (as well as the greenfingers aura) and the juju only lasts long enough to get the herbs done. If you stop for something else you'll have to repot. 

Start in trollhiem, end in priff. Use whatever methods you feel are fastest for the patches in between. 

@Gladzgasmic Thx man, I always started in priff, and ended in catherby.
My runs have always been super close for my juju farming potion to run out.
So that will help me i'm sure, and also I've tried to do include herb runs in my tree run preset but just didn't have space xD and was rather annoying to pick coconuts sooo.. thanks for the tips :woeh:

Tree Gnome Stronghold is faster by using Yanille lodestone and running northwest, and you can get a good surge off. One place you can surge is alongside the maze just after the corner heading north.

I could tell you that magic trees are the best and you should not pay the farmers, and palm trees are too expensive to do and that you should do papaya trees (pay for them with pineapples) but it seems like you want to blow all of your cash even if that means spending double or triple. And looking at your post, you say you still need 99 Invention. Your cash stack can barely afford 99 Invention, so you should be frugal with your money. Unless you're making like 10M+/hr when you go make money, it isn't worth it doing crap like paying farmers on your magic trees or paying 

Do the Elder tree in Crwys, it grows every few days, either do payment or don't, not a big difference. Do spirit seeds if you've got some, I would expect you to have a lot of them. Crystal tree I would not expect you to have a crystal acorn to plant, if you don't have one, just know that they're absurdly rare and that the way that most people got theirs is that you get one upon entering the max guild (this game is geared towards giving max players free XP). For herbs, if you want to do them, do Fellstalk. You can also do the 4 god grape patches if you'd like, grapevine seed + protean planks, Yanille near the mage guild, Lumbridge east chicken farm, Seer's Village northwest of the lodestone, and end your farm run by doing Entrana's patch (since you have to deposit things like staff, Explorer's Ring).

Can you really not stay up for 80 minutes more to do magic trees instead of yew? Yews are like half the XP, don't do them lol.

Jade pointed it out and linked a website, but the farming clock, you should be aware of it. Don't log out, in, or hop during :00-:05, :20-:25, and :40-:45, unless it isn't a tree tick. That's all you need to know, don't log out. If you do, it is very likely (although not guaranteed, your crops grow at a random time between the :00 and the :05 for example) that your crops won't grow on that tick. Yes, that means you can delay your fruit trees by 2 hours and 40 minutes simply by logging in or out at the wrong moment. Pay attention to it. Check Jade's link to know when tree ticks are. Basically, they're at reset, and every 40 minutes after reset. That gets hard to count throughout the day, so you can use his link. And fruit trees and calquat will also grow on the same tree ticks, just every 160 minutes instead of every 40 - so they line up. Not every tree tick is a fruit tree tick, but every fruit tree tick is also a tree tick.

You will only get 90-99 in a month if you also do warbands and stuff. But you also likely won't get all of those other 99s, plus make the extra money you need to do Invention, within a month, unless you play a lot more than I think you do. I don't think farming is your limiting factor.

4 hours ago, Veggie said:

Crystal tree I would not expect you to have a crystal acorn to plant, if you don't have one, just know that they're absurdly rare and that the way that most people got theirs is that you get one upon entering the max guild (this game is geared towards giving max players free XP)

I have 3. 

4 hours ago, Veggie said:

And looking at your post, you say you still need 99 Invention. Your cash stack can barely afford 99 Invention, so you should be frugal with your money.

I trust the rank #2 invention player more than I trust you regarding training the skill. He says that it is profit through combat. I think you're doing something wrong.

Thanks for the advice, I know it won't be possible to get 99 farming within a month. I also know it is completely possible and reasonable for me to max by the end of March.

• 2 months later...

Nice guide, thanks Pzs! :)

A quick question, did you pay the farmers to look after all of your trees, or did you not pay the farmers? 

34 minutes ago, Bobby said:

come to my event on thursday and see all the locations :o

I'll try my best. :)