ROTS Glitches

Ms Seele

I took these records of glitches at Rise Of The Six from the page of www.prorots.com

You might aswell read them just for the laughs or to see if you've actually experienced them. Personally have had all of them + more that I will describe later.

Yes, this is the most glitched boss you'll ever see. lol.

1) Zombie Guthan

If you kill Guthan just as he pulls his spear out, he will come back from the dead to haunt you. He runs around, punching you, and doing specs. His autoattacks deal damage, but his specs don't! He can still flip Ahrim/Verac/Karil though.

If the brothers don't reset, you can finish the kill as usual. If they reset, however, Guthan will "die", and you will be unable to complete the kill.

2) rip swiftness

When you are dragged into the shadow realm, your swiftness/sunshine is cancelled. Any channelled abilities such as snipe or asphyxiate will also be interrupted.

3) rip swiftness v2

Sometimes, the visual swiftness/sunshine animation will randomly disappear (without going into shadow realm). Usually, when this happens, swiftness/sunshine is still there, just not visible. You can check your buff timer bar to see if you are still in it.

4) Invisible flames

Sometimes you can't see Karil/Ahrim's firespin attack. This can happen:

* When Ahrim/Karil is spinning under another brother

* In the shadow realm

* Whenever Karil is in a bad mood

5) Wheredafak is Ahrim?

Sometimes, Ahrim and Karil fail to come over for a trio/duo. This seems to happen more often in the shadow realm.

6) Wheredafak is Ahrim? v2

In the shadow realm, Ahrim and Karil do not appear on top of the pillars, and cannot be targeted there.

7) air pls

Occasionally, Ahrim will randomly fail to air.

8) Wheredafak is Karil?

If you kill Karil during bombs just as he hops to the other side, he will die on the other side. If the brothers respawn, Karil will stay on the other side until he performs his next spec (firespin).

9) Nonononononono

If you kill Karil during bombs just as he hops to the other side, and he is the last brother to die, the last bomb that he placed will fail to despawn. If you're standing too close, it will hit you during the cutscene. RIP you.

The same thing can happen with Ahrim's poison pads: you can die to them during the cutscene.

10) cya m8

Shadow realm lightning can sometimes hit 4x as much in the shadow realm, not 2x as much. Bai.

11) Shadow realm lag

As you switch to shadow realm, you can get a few ticks of lag while the map is loading. This kills the player if they are getting spun.

12) rip energies
There are certain spots in the tunnel where you can get completely stuck by falling out. This usually happens after you surge into a wall, but it can also happen without surging. The only way out is to lobby.

13) Alive in the afterlife

If you spam-eat while surging and die after the surge, you can die with non-zero hp. This occasionally happens without surging.

14) Guthan stalled me

When Guthan pulls his spear out of a player, he will freeze that player for a couple of ticks. Combined with a spin, this can kill you.

15) I can't see him

If a (live) brother steps on the same tile as a dead brother, he can magically disapper (right-click doesn't even work). If the brother targets you, he will appear again, so the player he is currently targeting can move him so that the other player can attack him.

You can also fix this bug for yourself by walking under the invisible brother.

- It's relatively likely that this will cause him to switch to you, which will walk him off the glitched tile so that you can target him.

- If he doesn't switch, you can still target him by clicking on yourself. Don't ask me why

16) Line of sight

If you stand in one of the line of sight spots (see map), if the wall is between you and your target you will stop attacking him. You need to manually step out of the spot to resume attacking (pressing an ability won't move you into range like it usually does).

17) Scammed for adrenaline.

This is a wider EoC glitch, not a rots-specific one. If you use a basic ability too quickly after switching to a new target after being out of combat, you may fail to receive adrenaline for that ability. You can prevent this by waiting for an autoattack to fire when attacking a new target after being out of combat.

18) He wasn't spinning I swear

Sometimes, the animation for a melee spin doesn't work properly. It looks as if the brother is simply walking around. You stillsee a spinning animation around him, but it is more subtle than the regular one. This type of glitched spin is very common after a reset, or after the brothers come over, but can also just randomly happen.

19) He was spinning I swear

Verac sometimes spins. Pretty sure he's not supposed to, but he does. Not talking about his roflcopter either, he does a legit melee spin. Weird. Common after a reset, but can also just randomly happen.

20) Solo! Oh wait no, jk

Sometimes a player is invisible to another player. Can be resolved by either player lobbying.

21) rip healz

Excalibur is cancelled by any change of environment. This includes the cutscene, exiting the tunnel (but not entering!), and possibly shadow realm (to be confirmed?)

22) rip incite

Incite doesn't work on a brother that has reset.

23) rip xp

You sometimes randomly receive less xp than you should. This seems to be randomly triggered by:

- Hopping over

- Switching styles

- Shadow realm

- Absolutely nothing

24) you broke it

If three players are standing on the pads, and the fourth player steps onto the same pad as his partner, the pads may "break" and refuse to let players through. This can by resolved by all players stepping of the pad (together).

25) Zombie Kharim

Sometimes, Karil and Ahrim keep autoattacking you from beyond the grave.

26) Hold on I'm lagging

Sometimes, in the tunnel (on the way in), you can get stuck in the corner just next to a bridge. Clicking behind the bridge doesn't do anything - it feels a lot like you're lagging. But you're not. It's a pathfinding glitch, you need to click behind you to walk out of the corner, then you can resume your gainz as usual.

27) Fade to black

Sometimes, when entering or exiting a section of the tunnel, your screen fades to black and then jerks back to normal. No idea when or why this happens. If it happens once though, it seems to be more likely to happen again.

28) Why can't I ulti???

EoC has now been fixed so that you can use death swiftness and sunshine without a target! Small print: except at rots.

29) lol Torag

Various glitches involving Torag's hammer. Section to be expanded when we know more.

Edited by Marelyn

The missing glitches that I have experienced:

30) WTF MY ONSLAUGHT:

Occasionally if you are valiant enough to use Onslaught on Torag and he uses his Pummel special, you will find out that even after being trapped, your Onslaught keeps charging while not receiving any damage. When your partner or Torag eventually release you, if you don't interrupt the ultimate, you will notice that the next hit Torag will receive is a whooping 12-17k which will automatically also 1 hit you. RIP YOU.

31) Whack-a-WTFinvisible-MOLE:

When Karil does bombs, there's a chance he's invisible during the interval when he sets the bomb. This can prove deadly since you can't see where he spawned.

32) no pls torag staph:

When you are walking karil, if your walking breaks and Karil chooses to bomb and Torag is on you also, if you click the bomb at the same time Torag hammers you, you will find yourself teleported to the other side while also still hammered, and Torag will also teleport with you! So basically you leave your partner soloing a bro until you manage to come back with another bomb and torag/karil again on the original side.

33) I swear i didnt surge:

Sometimes when the whole team is at pads, if one of you uses inmediately surge or escape, he will stay on the pads and the rest will be able to cross to the arena. RIP. logout to get back in.

34) DID KARIL JUST KILL ME WITH A CAPOEIRA:

sometimes the teamwork special attack of the bros (ahrim/karil + torag/verac/guthan) can get in the way of your dpser and LOL wtf 1 hit ko him with a 4500+ typeless hit on shadow realm without him even noticing. the only way to avoid this is praying and be lucky not to stand on their path.

Edited by Marelyn

Some of these are general knowledge and not glitches so I feel like adding:

Guthan's spear and Torag's hammer special attacks cancel your defensive abilities, which is deadly when Dharok does his "Give me Everything" special.

If you're standing where the chest is when the kill ends, you will be moved off of those squares, usually onto one of the squares where Ahrim's purple clouds are. An exception is sometimes when you're in combat/activating abilities as the kill ends, you'll be inside of the chest (but able to move out).

Nihils will often attack dead brothers, for 100 (I think?) damage every hit, despite familiars not doing any damage to brothers at RotS.

Dead brothers aren't necessarily "dead", you can still gain adrenaline from casting abilities or lose adrenaline from eating. This also applies if Karil or Ahrim hop to the other side of the arena, you can still build adrenaline. Use Anticipation, Freedom, Surge(Escape), Resonance, or Preparation to build adrenaline.

"Wall jump" brothers such as Verac can cancel channeled abilities like Onslaught by walking underneath you, or running out of your attack range.

While running/moving, brothers often disappear in right click options, making it difficult to target your brother of choice while running.