Westworld theories (obviouisly spoilers, even in first post)

Emeraldwpn

This is your last chance before spoilers come

I don't remember if we had a TV section. Anyway, so here's what I am thinking with Westworld and that it's a reverse matrix. None of the hosts will ever be free and all of it is part of the narrative. Also the host count is much larger than what we expect. The only humans are Anthony Hopkins and the black hat dude. There were other humans, but they were killed by Bernard/Arnold. Anthony Hopkins character is so intelligent that he created a partner to give him more ideas. I am most certain that he can elaborate such a facility that would give the impression that the hosts are gaining consciousness. Plus this is HBO, they like to go Dark. Well, at least dark is what's selling now.

Another theory is that the hosts gain consciousness and kill their god, because that's what a lot of directors like to do is kill "gods" and that this is the new mentality they want to push to the public to help bring down religion. If that's that case, I think it would just be an edgy atheist cop out.

IF they go light storyline, then everything is as what you see, but that's no fun.

We have a spoiler box, btw. Anyways most of the theories in the first season were sort of confirmed but I guess my guesses for s2 would be:

Spoiler

We know that everything Maeve and friends were doing was a narrative as the two lab techs figured that out near the end. I'm think though that the grand scheme is more close to the sequel movie of the original westworld movie called futureworld. I wont state what happens in that just in case you don't know what the main plot is but if the ending to season 1 is any indication it's obvious that when you got lifelike robots you can easily replace people.

Important people.

As for my general thoughts on s1: I enjoyed it but I have no idea if the next season and any seasons thereafter will be as much fun without all the mystery. In season 1 we found out that:

Spoiler

Literally half of what we were seeing was in another timeframe. Now that the different timeframe thing is confirmed and done with I have no clue how they could format their show going forward. I just hope they got enough story to work with.

I think they are going for westworld to be their replacement to game of thrones, so far it isn't as good as s1 got.

Also on your who is/isn't human thing:

Spoiler

I really hope way more people are actually human than you are guessing. If literally everyone is a host then I feel like there are WAY less stakes in the show. If people can be programmed to do things and feel things then there is little emotion to be had.