Planted feet Redesign

Deathcon

This week we're changing the details of the Planted Feet perk somewhat to bring it both closer in-line with its intended design - lengthening the duration of your damage boost ultimate at a trade-off - whilst embracing the way in which the community adopted the perk.

Old:

The duration of Sunshine, Death's Swiftness and Berserk is increased by 25%, but the positive effect is reduced by 20%.

The intention with Planted Feet was to create a perk that let you choose to have a longer version of one of the ultimates it affected and therefore shuffle your rotation around such that you got to boost the damage of more abilities, just to a lesser extent.

Unfortunately, you could gain the increased duration without any negative consequence by switching to a weapon without the perk. This was a design flaw which we've been figuring out the best course of action for.

While getting this buff without any cost was against the spirit of the perk, we are quite fond of switch-weapons making a bit of a return.

New:

The duration of Sunshine and Death's Swiftness is increased by 25%, but they no longer deal periodic damage to your target.

The new trade-off is a smaller deal. You'll notice though we've cut Berserk from the perk, a decision we don't make lightly, but found we were unable to find a way to work in a cost for that ability whilst still keeping the perk easily comprehensible.

Note: changing weapon does not bring the periodic damage back, but also doesn't reduce the duration of either ultimate.

Mod Deg & the Combat Council

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,697,65870508

So they basically nerfed melee.

My Guthix these people don't really ever come up with good solutions to anything.

56 minutes ago, Deathcon4111 said:

Unfortunately, you could gain the increased duration without any negative consequence by switching to a weapon without the perk. This was a design flaw which we've been figuring out the best course of action for.

Why do perks need to have negative consequences? They are perks.

16 minutes ago, Huni said:

fuck.

Honestly I still haven't even made this perk, lol.

I still think it's good to have to mage/range even with the slightly nerfed DS/sunshine.

I might still have to make it but this nerf makes me want to do it even less.

the dot bleed was really only ever useful at nex tbh

update's tl;dr "fuck melee"

honestly, if it weren't for the vamp scrimshaw, the only place melee would be used is extreme AoE abuse

2 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

Honestly I still haven't even made this perk, lol.

I still think it's good to have to mage/range even with the slightly nerfed DS/sunshine.

I might still have to make it but this nerf makes me want to do it even less.

It was the best dps perk for melee :(.  Now it's a bit difficult having to squeeze in a third threshold without zerk running out on the last tick.  Planted feet also made phase 4 rax easy, as you can literally finish off the spider with a few seconds left on berserk. Oh well.