Bladed Dive

Deathcon

Found this on reddit, figured id share, really interesting...i didn't think this ability would be too great..but hey i like being wrong.

You can use it while stunned/movement impaired. Meaning you can break free of Torag's Hammer special at RotS. You can dive out of range of Kalphite King when he's about to do the melee attack associated with his green attack (I dove with the stun duration saying "4" on the buff bar) and mitigate the attack on your own (Resonance/Devotion, other options). You can dive from being CPR'd at Yakamaru closer to the fight (CPR was still "performing" CPR at the beach and it was working, while I had moved) - can attack Yakamaru while being CPR'd this way, might be able to CPR closer to the fight. Fairly certain this also means you can grab the poison at Yakamaru while sanded or tendriled, but I could be wrong about that. It may have some use at AoD (dive away from shadows if stunned?). You can move yourself during Araxxor's cocoon but you're still cocooned. These are bugs and I do not take responsibility if you get banned for exploiting them. They'll likely fix these, but I doubt they're aware of it at this time, I may be the first person to observe this behavior.

Because it is (or can be) a non-targeted basic ability, you can gain adrenaline with it at something like Nex or RotS where you have a target who can't currently be attacked, provided you don't have Mobile perk equipped (could bring switch for Mobile + non-Mobile if you wanted). And it may be obvious but this ability makes adrenaline stalling even easier, with Mobile making Surge and Bladed Dive both a 10 second cooldown, you can always be in combat and always have one of those available to cast, you already could infinitely adrenaline stall with Surge/Escape with Mobile, but the cooldown may have mattered to you.

This ability gives you the capability of changing the direction your character is facing at will. Previously people might "cast a spell" on someone and their character would face that direction. Now, you can activate this ability and click on the ground to face any direction - provided the ability isn't "able to be cast" (since you'd just be diving there). You can do this during channeled abilities, meaning you can direct your Surge direction during Asphyxiate or Onslaught - however, it does face your character back the correct direction for each piece of the channeled ability, making it impossible (?) to perform during Rapid Fire, and it is still difficult to perform with Asphyxiate and Onslaught. This directional facing allows you to diagonally Surge in Sagittare's room in Dungeoneering where you otherwise couldn't face diagonally outside of with the "attack" option. On the topic of Dungeoneering, this ability greatly changes the Dungeoneering meta, it could make magic + dual wield melee preferable (I think before it was main ranged, magic, and have a mainhand melee weapon for Barge and shield for adrenaline stall/build).

Because it ignores the global cooldown, you could get in an extra ability before avoiding the Telos uppercut attack (previous alternative method was using Resonance 1 tick later than you would Surge).

This might not have been stated greatly enough in that Reddit post, but this ability is much more flexible than Surge, Escape, and Barge. You choose the square you teleport to. You can 5 squares north and 3 squares west, for example. This gives a lot of power to the player to navigate their way through the game, through "Surge unfriendly" places, or landing you directly on the poison at Yakamaru or next to the ledge in RotS tunnels or directly into a Teamsplit/Waterfall at Vorago (particularly for hard mode).

Probably a dumb question, but do you need to be wielding 1h melee weapons to use this? 

4 hours ago, Beric said:

Probably a dumb question, but do you need to be wielding 1h melee weapons to use this? 

You need to be wearing a mainhand and offhand melee weapon, dual wield melee.