Video Editing problem

Mike

Okay, so on my back from WI I had my camera attatched to the windscreen and recorded through several large storms.

Video length about an hour and a half. The video is 720p. The problem is when I load it into Windows Movie Maker. If you have any experienec with WMM it will pre-load (cache it I think) so you can seamlessly edit it while still being able to view it. With this video it will crash my computer. It will just shut off.

But on the way to WI I made a video of the same length, but in WVGA format (lower quality something like 848 x 480 or w/e. Regardless it's a lot less quality and less draining on my computer since I could edit that.

Is there a way to work around the crashing with the 1.5hr 720? or should I just record in bouts of like 30 / 45 mins? Seems to be a real ball buster for me though to have to stop it and start it again.

well I mean WMM is good and all I don't like it all to much. but if your computer can't handle all that ram space it taking that why it crashing your computer its keep adding up your ram on your computer soon enough it will crash it. I can do 3-4 hours of video on WMM just to format it to a different program. but it works fine with me with 1080HD PVR game play. but My computer does have 8gb of ram. so your best bet is just to edit one video clip at a time. till you finish editting that one just add another one. that my best bet

Hmm, after loading even a 15 minute video it still crashed. I think it might be the program or somehow my computer is on the fritz. I was able to put a 30 minute video in with no problem a couple of weeks ago.