The pit... Really?

Urza

Alright I'm sure a lot of you know my personality and how I view most of jagex's content updates. As of current jagex has been doing a stellar performance with the release of BoD and ROTM. Truth be told I actually had some relatively high expectations for this agility DD. What I am struggling to see is how one skill, with so much potential mind you, receives such a diluted update?

Now I am well aware that the content developers can't hit their mark every time, but agility is one of the few skills that lack in both diverse training methods and interesting content. Currently as I see it high agility trainers have the dorgeshuun agility routes, adv gnome and adv barb courses. On top of this they can receive from both advanced courses a piece of rune grade armor with weight reducing stats. I believe that jagex needs to put some more effort into the mechanics of agility (preferably the developers of herblore habitat and the living rock caverns :D)

Anyways with this update I am a bit more concerned with the dominion tower update because to players like me this is a big deal. After playing runescape for 10 years now there are a lot of nostalgic feeling over certain areas of the game (I still won't ever go back under those impassable mountains!) Nostalgia at it's finest will come from this one update and I'm wary of what jagex might do that would make it a flop.

Bitch please. In my day we didn't have any of this fancy stuff. Either you defended your honor in the wilderness or agility just didn't get trained.

sup urza.

Damn straight... If you couldn't evade like a pro and/or have lightning fast reflexes to hit the pray tab, protect mage and steel skin you were fucked- straight up!

Nothing... Still working on maxing. Damn horrible skills left... Except like slayer and maaaybe dung.

Bitch please. In my day we didn't have any of this fancy stuff. Either you defended your honor in the wilderness or agility just didn't get trained.

sup urza.

Damn straight... If you couldn't evade like a pro and/or have lightning fast reflexes to hit the pray tab, protect mage and steel skin you were fucked- straight up!

Nothing... Still working on maxing. Damn horrible skills left... Except like slayer and maaaybe dung.

Ya I know the feeling. minus dungeoneering our totals are similar.

How is the pit going to be nostalgic?

No I was comparing the work jagex did for making agility a more interesting skill to train with this DD and what might potentially come from the dominion tower. For players like us, Rafi the dominion tower is actually something big because we haven't faced bosses like elvarg, the legends demon, iban and a few others in ages. There is a lot of expectation for a rematch with these bosses... I would bet some would be standard equipment with regular stats or matched stats for the fight. As far as messing with mostalgic things you either do a good job in handling them or you mess up and result in pissing a bunch of people off.

Oh, I didn't realize it would be fighting old quest bosses. Didn't we kill most of them or something?

When you said nostalgic, I thought that you were referring to the bottomless pit Jagex used to have amongst their other games back when Runescape was released. It was literally just an animation of a bottomless pit. Pretty epic.

Oh, I didn't realize it would be fighting old quest bosses. Didn't we kill most of them or something?

When you said nostalgic, I thought that you were referring to the bottomless pit Jagex used to have amongst their other games back when Runescape was released. It was literally just an animation of a bottomless pit. Pretty epic.

I find it interesting you mentioned this... Jagex should make a small reference to that in the pit lol.

I find it interesting you mentioned this... Jagex should make a small reference to that in the pit lol.

You talking about the place Jagex used to send "rule-breakers"? The place you needed the Disc of Returning to get out of.

You talking about the place Jagex used to send "rule-breakers"? The place you needed the Disc of Returning to get out of.

Yes.