How will the stand against bots affect the economy?

Lothaurian

Well, since it seems that Jagex atleast will make it harder to bot, does that also mean that items that are usually botted will rise?

How will this update at Tuesday affect the Runescape economy? Which items will rise, which will fall?

Discuss it here^^. I am sure we are able to make a great profit by investing in the right items with this update ^^. Also considering that some days have triple xp ^^

So basically, which items will rise after this update, and which should we buy? ^^

I think Frost Bones have already gone up, i think with other items, maybe they will go up with panic buying, but we will have to see how well jagex does again the bots

dragon bones are going up too. good job i got 99 last week :trollface:

Hmm... So prices are raising already?

Which items should i invest in? ^^

EDIT: I guess that most resources will rise steadily. Dragon bones and Frost Dragon Bones have already risen alot.

I also think that Cannonballs (only bots who do this for profit i guess) will rise alot, maybe up to 300 each. Furies will also rise alot too i guess...

Edited by Lothaurian

It will take quite some time until runes, fish and logs etc will rise and be profittable.

Remember how many of them are in the game. I guess that alot of bots will also be selling their bots supplies once they find out that their bots are broken :X

Nearly everything is botted in one way or the other. For instance addy bars at aviansies, herb seeds at dagannoths, infernal ashes at black demons, coal at the mining guild, gold and rocktail at LRC, nature runes at graahk -> altar, et cetera. It's probably too late to invest for maximum profit, but just be aware if you're going to go for it that 1) all the bots will dump what they've got at some point in the very near future and 2) other people have had a lot of time before you now to hoard these items, and they'll dump soonish too.

Long term price rises (assuming the bot zapping is successful) with short term fluctuations as people try to make the most of it.

My list of items that I believe will rise.

Dragon bones Frost Dragon bones All Herbs Fury Obby Shield Obby Cape Abyssal Whip

Rune Armor Amulet of Glory Ring of Wealth Nature Runes Raw Rocktail

There are a few items that I am testing currently and will add if they are decent.

Well, i've spent and invested alot in some items now. Probably a bit rushed, but it's not like i really need the money^^.

Will be interesting to see how much they are worth in a couple of days.

Im planning on selling most of this on tuesday, when there is x3 slayer experience ^^.

x5000 - Super Attack Potion - 441 each - 2205k Total (4000 still buying)

x5000 - Super Strength Potion - 1181 each - 5905k Total (4000 still buying)

x5000 - Super Defence Potion - 155 each - 775k Total (4000 still buying)

x10 - Black Mask (10) - 300k each - 3000k Total

x2 - Black Mask - 285k each - 570k Total

x25 - Dragon Boots - 207k each - 5175k Total (16 still buying)

x2 - Abyssal Whip - 810k each - 1620k Total

x3 - Bandos Godsword - 5500k each - 16500k Total

x10 - Black Mask - 300k each - 3000k Total (10 still buying)

x10 - Dragon Plateskirt - 162k each - 1620k Total

x27500 - Cannonball - 195 each - 5362,5k Total

Total Amount Spent: 45732,5k aka 45.7m ^^

Also bought 3k infernal ashes for 2993 each. These are to train my prayer while the price is still acceptable though x)

(Note: Not all of these items are bought yet, some of them, like the potions, black masks and dragon boots, are still pending on the G.E, since i have to wait 4 more hours before i can buy more of those item tiers ^^.

Edited by Lothaurian