Any car people here?

Res

This is my project truck, 1995 f150 212k miles 302 V8. I got it off my grandpa, he paid $800 for it because the guy thought the motor was knocking and the trans was stuck in 1st gear.

J8PEG52.jpeg

My grandpa paid some pretty bad mechanics a lot of money to fix the problems on it but they misdiagnosed a lot of the issues so ultimately nothing got fixed, my grandpas health deteriorated really fast but both of us loved this truck (Which is unusual, im not a ford guy) so he wanted to give me the truck, but I insisted on paying for it.. I ended up fixing mostly every major mechanical issue -- the "knocking" sound the motor had was the flex plate backing off the torque converter, after making sure all was well with it I cleaned it up and added locktite to the bolts. Transmission wouldnt shift out of 1st because the TPS was bad. Now I got a nicely running truck for $2.7k~

Just got to fix the cosmetic issues now, interior is clean too except the dashboard which is cracked pretty bad

I wish I was a car person. I would love to fix my own issues on my car instead of spending a million dollars to get someone to fix it.

7 hours ago, Xtrm said:

I wish I was a car person. I would love to fix my own issues on my car instead of spending a million dollars to get someone to fix it.

My first car was an old Jeep, I didn't have much choice in the matter haha. After getting scammed by the mechanic that my grandpa highly recommended I learned pretty quick.

Doing your own oil changes is a great place to start

• 2 weeks later...

I like watching videos on car repair / upgrades but have not done many repair / upgrades my self I did just replace my spark plugs on my 2011 F150.