Any car people here?

Res

This is my project truck, 1995 f150 212k miles 302 V8. I got it off my grandpa, he paid $800 for it because the guy thought the motor was knocking and the trans was stuck in 1st gear.

J8PEG52.jpeg

My grandpa paid some pretty bad mechanics a lot of money to fix the problems on it but they misdiagnosed a lot of the issues so ultimately nothing got fixed, my grandpas health deteriorated really fast but both of us loved this truck (Which is unusual, im not a ford guy) so he wanted to give me the truck, but I insisted on paying for it.. I ended up fixing mostly every major mechanical issue -- the "knocking" sound the motor had was the flex plate backing off the torque converter, after making sure all was well with it I cleaned it up and added locktite to the bolts. Transmission wouldnt shift out of 1st because the TPS was bad. Now I got a nicely running truck for $2.7k~

Just got to fix the cosmetic issues now, interior is clean too except the dashboard which is cracked pretty bad

7 hours ago, Xtrm said:

I wish I was a car person. I would love to fix my own issues on my car instead of spending a million dollars to get someone to fix it.

My first car was an old Jeep, I didn't have much choice in the matter haha. After getting scammed by the mechanic that my grandpa highly recommended I learned pretty quick.

Doing your own oil changes is a great place to start

• 2 weeks later...

I like watching videos on car repair / upgrades but have not done many repair / upgrades my self I did just replace my spark plugs on my 2011 F150.

• 4 months later...

I'm a car guy for sure, I'll get good deals for like 1500$ and fix them up to be worth like 5000$. here are a few photos of my builds.

2be8f923c791211add97bc1b33e952a5.pngec93932d479eba6f63e2ef4a66c27922.png

• 1 month later...

Awww, car guys?

My first car was a 68 Chevy pickup truck (USED, I'm NOT that old, lol)

..and i did EVERYTHING to it; pulled block and did complete rebuild kit, pull trans, did complete rebuild..loved it..

My first NEW car was a 87 (ish) Nissan.. something?, lol.. went to change oil? 2 hours later, i sold all my tools- didnt look back!! ?

• 2 weeks later...

im pretty sure were all humans i think car people are a myth i mean i know there are ppl sexually attracted to there car but i dont think a car can have a baby or inpregnate you so would be hard to get car people....ohhh you mean ppl who like cars my bad thought you meant a half person half car

• 7 months later...

thats a sweet truck. My first car was a 1965 ford falcon. Was a two door boat that you could put 12 teenagers into ( trust me we did). I paid 3600 bucks for it redid the interior did some work on the tranny rebuilt the engine. My step dad sold that car when I moved out for 2800 bucks without telling me.

Love cars!!  I actually work on them for a living, I specialize in Toyota and Lexus.  Most of my projects have been Nissans though, funnily enough.  I do plan to build an overlanding Land Cruiser here in the future, now that I have lifts in my home garage.

Here's a couple of my last projects

I4VjmOJ.jpg ZLjywRi.jpg

Edited by Cids Tea
On 11/27/2022 at 8:14 PM, Cids Tea said:

Love cars!!  I actually work on them for a living, I specialize in Toyota and Lexus.  Most of my projects have been Nissans though, funnily enough.  I do plan to build an overlanding Land Cruiser here in the future, now that I have lifts in my home garage.

Here's a couple of my last projects

I4VjmOJ.jpg ZLjywRi.jpg

Very cool Silvia! I don't think I've actually seen one IRL.

On 11/27/2022 at 7:14 PM, Cids Tea said:

I do plan to build an overlanding Land Cruiser here in the future, now that I have lifts in my home garage.

You should 100% post pictures/updates of this once you start, sounds like an awesome project.