Pikmin Bloom

Seike

I don't know if any of you play this game, but I highly recommend Pikmin Bloom. An augmented reality game, you walk around and plant different kinds of flowers and make big flowers on the world map go from buds to fully blooming flowers. It's from Niantic, the people who made Pokemon Go. I like Pikmin Bloom better, and here's why: this game has goals and activities you can do, new flowers and community days are released, but truly there is no competitive, engrossing element to the game. You play it to have an excuse to take walks around your neighborhood and color the digital grass with flowers of your choosing. It's a gentle, easy time. After many years of playing games like RuneScape, there's little about Pikmin Bloom that is truly trying to keep you playing for long periods and keep you addicted. For that reason, it promotes rather than taxes one's mental health. And unlike Pokemon Go, I'm usually able to actually look around as I walk as opposed to incessantly catching Pokemon at the expense of any real enjoyment of the day.

It's also fun to play together with loved ones, as you can plant flowers together and see each other as you walk around if you turn that option on. My girlfriend and I usually plant a bunch of flowers on the community days a few times per month. In addition, it's not like that many people play Pikmin Bloom in my area but the game play really doesn't suffer with low user base. If anything, it feels all the more worthwhile to see my own effects that much more vividly on the in game map.

Check it out if this sounds like your cup of tea.

Edited by Seike

I have been playing it and I’m kinda hard stuck at level 29 cause nobody where I live plays and I need to either get lucky and get a small purple mushroom expedition or get someone else to play to earn two stars on a mushroom expedition. Other than that I’ve been enjoying it

long time fan of the Pikmin series so I had to try it and I also played ingress when it was kinda popular which was also by the same company I believe

2 hours ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

I need to either get lucky and get a small purple mushroom expedition or get someone else to play to earn two stars on a mushroom expedition. 

A few tips to boost your mushroom challenges. You don't have to get too lucky to finish this without help. You'll want to find a small mushroom of any color of Pikmin you have a decent team with.

1) Keep growing new Pikmin if you need more of the necessary colors to make this easier. You want a full squad size of the same color as the mushroom. Brown mushrooms don't have any bonus color, and red mushrooms give a bonus to both red and purple Pikmin.

2) 4 heart Pikmin with decor (the gifts they bring back) give dramatically more power, so feed Pikmin nectar or send them on expeditions to boost their hearts.

3) to maximize power, make sure that your team have been given nectar because a Pikmin's flower (rather than bud or leaf or a stem) on its head will make it stronger. Rarer flowers (e.g. right now you can get cherry blossoms from challenges, but they are rarer than the basic colors) make them even stronger still.

Another tip I am happy to have figured out is that you can feed nectar to your Pikmin en masse by pressing, keeping your finger on the nectar, and dragging it over top of the Pikmin. Then you don't have to flick nectar one by one, which is no way to live.

30 minutes later and we've both downloaded it. Should have posted your referral code - missed out on free nectar and flowers!

Ahh well. Hope you have fun trying it out with her!

If anyone else stumbles on this thread and wants to try the game out, here's an invite code which i think helps both you and I with some free stuff: 

Edited by Seike