What's your favorite quick recipes.

Flooshinator

Flooshinator

I love food, but I also hate spending too long in the kitchen ?. Was wondering what your guys favorite quick meals are and I figured I'd post one of my recent new favorites.

Bulgogi Beef & Rice Bowl (Enough for 3-4 people): 

• Cook rice of choice, enough for 4 bowls (I generally use jasmine white rice in my instapot)
  • Thaw and brown 2lb ground beef on med-high to high heat w/ salt and pepper, 3 cloves of minced ginger, and a chopped onion
  • While beef is browning, mix 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 splashes of white wine or rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. 
  • When beef is browned turn heat to low, dump your sauce in and let simmer for 1-5 minutes (I usually just do it till my rice is done lol)
  • Pour Rice in bowl, Add beef on top and spoon some sauce over the top, top w/ sliced cucumber, sesame seeds, or w/e you like. 

- Been really digging this one. Learning that ginger goes w/ beef is one of my favorite discoveries. 

Edited by Flooshinator

so like, that's not bulgogi at all lol

Grilled Cheese:

2 slices of seedy wheat bread

1 slice gruyere cheese

1 slice baby swiss cheese

1 hob butter

heat pan, lubricate with hob of butter, bread down, cheese, cheese, other bread.  wait until sizzly.  slide to edge of pan, lubricate pan with hob of butter again, place down in lubrication.  wait until melty

If feeling super lazy 

Will do something where I cut up ham/green bell peppers /tomato and mix it together and then add cooked pasta -- usually could put dressing or something as well. 

Also been on a fix of eating Zucchini pancakes as of late:

• cup and a half of chopped zucchini (smaller the pieces (ideally strips) the better)
  • half cup water
  • half cup flour
  • salt/pepper to taste

heat up a tbsp of oil and then dump it into a skillet and fry it up until cooked

Then I usually make a dipping sauce of some sort 

Flooshinator

Ok so Zucchini pancakes are a hit in my family haha. Thanks for the recommendation. We used sour cream and added a bit of sriracha. Idk if thats the right combo, but we loved it!

On 6/14/2022 at 5:32 PM, Flooshinator said:

Ok so Zucchini pancakes are a hit in my family haha. Thanks for the recommendation. We used sour cream and added a bit of sriracha. Idk if thats the right combo, but we loved it!

Hey if that works for you and the fam then its a good combo :)

That has become one of my go to things if I get a bunch of zucchini out of the back yard.