Instance of Runescape making your life or day better.

ZootedMiner

So i am curious. I know Runescape has brought me great joy. sometimes got me through hard times.

I want to know if there was a time that Runescape made your life  or day better by helping you outta a tough spot metnally.

Like for me. I have a hard time when my pets pass, more then a lot of people and every time a pet would die. I would have a hard time dealing with it. So I would get on Runescape and it took me to this world where I could process everything while getting my mind on the skill that i chose to train that day. I found that Runescape really helps with grieving for me.

honestly its not the game itself that makes my day better its  being a part of the gladz, the people here that you make friends with really help on those days that you are feeling down

Just now, Mrs Dewfus said:

honestly its not the game itself that makes my day better its  being a part of the gladz, the people here that you make friends with really help on those days that you are feeling down

+1

:wubgladz:

The game itself can be a nice distraction, and I'm glad for everyone it does help. That said, escapism can quickly get excessive in an unfortunate way, so it is important not to use it or any other form of entertainment as a crutch.

RuneScape was my only remaining link to one of my friends as a kid, so even if the game weren't a large part of most of my life, it would always be important to me for what it provided in that respect. <3

• 1 year later...
On 11/24/2022 at 12:35 AM, Sirsir said:

+1

:wubgladz:

The game itself can be a nice distraction, and I'm glad for everyone it does help. That said, escapism can quickly get excessive in an unfortunate way, so it is important not to use it or any other form of entertainment as a crutch.

RuneScape was my only remaining link to one of my friends as a kid, so even if the game weren't a large part of most of my life, it would always be important to me for what it provided in that respect. <3

Guilty. I use this as a crutch all the time to be honest. Ah well. *shrug*

As for how RuneScape has helped me...it's given me dopamine I needed to do chores, and daily living tasks back when I was feeling depressed in the past. So it has definitely helped me a good bit.

On 11/22/2022 at 5:00 AM, ZootedMiner said:

Like for me. I have a hard time when my pets pass, more then a lot of people and every time a pet would die. I would have a hard time dealing with it. So I would get on Runescape and it took me to this world where I could process everything while getting my mind on the skill that i chose to train that day. I found that Runescape really helps with grieving for me.

So sorry about your pets. Even if it was awhile ago, I know it still hits hard. I didn't realize how much RS probably helped me this fall. I lost a dog suddenly and the other one has been on the way out for the whole year - she's somehow still around and happy for now :) 

On 12/2/2023 at 1:36 AM, Newlaz Check said:

As for how RuneScape has helped me...it's given me dopamine I needed to do chores, and daily living tasks

The dopamine is great! I definitely use it as a task switching tactic to help with ADHD. The majority of the time this works well. The rest of the time I decide it's really important to make a bunch of different types of wood frames ...like now lol.

7 hours ago, Veelish said:

So sorry about your pets. Even if it was awhile ago, I know it still hits hard. I didn't realize how much RS probably helped me this fall. I lost a dog suddenly and the other one has been on the way out for the whole year - she's somehow still around and happy for now :) 

The dopamine is great! I definitely use it as a task switching tactic to help with ADHD. The majority of the time this works well. The rest of the time I decide it's really important to make a bunch of different types of wood frames ...like now lol.

That explains why I use this so much...I never thought of that. (I am suspected of ADHD and getting it tested sometime next year). It's good to know. I agree, it really does work well for task switching...or even to keep me on task when I've got things to finish up for work. If I make myself AFK something and work on a project on the side, it goes very well. It's how I maxed OSRS

I find the game relaxing, in a old job used to have very stressful days but getting home loading runescape with YouTube on in the background and the stress just used to go. If only they had runescape on mobile phones back then 😂