Hello Gladz!

Emperornecro

Hi there! I realized the other day that I hadn't checked these boards in like 2-3 years and figured I'd check in. For those that don't know me, I was an active member between 2005-2012ish or so. Then I had a long gap of not playing and then played for about half a year in 2016 then stopped again.

I just realized how amazing it is that Gladz is still around. If I'm not mistaken, Gladz is the only old school clan that's still active? But that only proves what we said for years, that Gladz was always a strong clan, because we had a strong community. Sure, we were strong in wars from what I recall as well, beating several of the top ranking clans. But clans like DI (Damage Inc) were based on pking and fell apart because they didn't have a stronger bond than that basically.

So, how is Gladz doing these days? Is pking still dead in "RS3" (or perhaps RS4 now?)?

While I do feel the lure of the scaping calling every once in a while, I don't think I'll return to it. At least not now. Partly because it seems that my main account was once again hacked and I tried recovering it, but I only got recovery mails for my other account which was linked to the same mail. So I'd have to try to contact Jagex in some fashion regarding that. BUT even if I do get my main account back, I won't return at least at the moment because I'm largely busy with my other projects: I've spend 2+ years writing a book trilogy (I'm about 500 pages in Word/250k words in, which is basically half way through book 1. Plus I've written lots of scenes and material for later on in all three books and about a million words for the brainstorming/ideas/lists around the book) and working on a computer game.

Edited by Emperornecro

Heya! it´s always cool to see people from past pop up on forums! I have never really pked so don´t take word on it, but I am pretty sure it´s really rare these days. There was a Wildy update not too long ago that makes Wildy more dangerous and scary in form of so called threat level, but they also gave option opt out of pvp or opt in.

Wow that is a throw back name :lol:

I don't think we interacted a whole lot but definitely recognize the name :yes: 

That is lot of progress with the books, good luck as you continue the work in putting everything together! 

Like Runekaappi said the wilderness in terms of pking is still dead in comparison to the past but the update with the threat levels has at least made for some funny clips of people getting decked from time to time. 

Gladz as a community/clan is doing pretty well imo at at least, lots of folks still hanging around, while we aren't doing any warring/pking anymore. There are plenty of events both in and out of the game that folks seem to be enjoying. If you use discord you could probably jump in there and chat with people from time to time!

Welcome back to the forums! I definitely remember you :)

As Tristan and Runekappi said, pvp is dead, but the Gladz community, as you echoed, is alive and well! I always appreciated that no matter how long or far we go, we can always come back to this url and find a home. 

Glad to hear you’re doing well, and that’s super exciting about the book!  Keep us updated in its progress!!

Hiya there it's nice to meet you! I started playing back in 2017 and just passed my 5 year mark but nice to see old membership still around :3

• 2 weeks later...

Heyyyyyy!  I remember you also! My old rsn was Seva Nicole, Seva78. I played classic and then rs2 until 2009 or 2010, retired , until a couple months ago.

I am back to playing because I finally was able to get another computer.

Nice to see another oldie around!

Hey @Emperornecro!

Glad you're doing well. Pk'ing was more or less officially removed from the game a few months ago, but realistically it had been killed off (for the masses) when EOC was released in 2013. 

Definitely share book progress with us! I know for sure I'm not the only fantasy nerd here. I will expect a signed copy on publication, fyi.