UI Feedback

TullyCicero

After years of ignoring an atrocious, barely-tweaked from the default UI, I've decided to do something about i! :biggrin_002:

I finally got to read through through PvME's Interface Guide, and used that to plan out my UI. I think it's a decent improvement over what I had before and not too horrible for a 15" laptop screen. Haven't done much with the action bars yet, just started by using one of the standard single-target melee suggestions from the wiki that I've tweaked a bit (All basics mapped to QWERTY, the Shift + buttons mapped to my gaming mouse for thresholds/ultimates. I'm debating removing a keybind for ultimates altogether, just to avoid the chance of misclicks.

It feels comfortable to keep A as surge, and 1-5 feels good for my prayers, pots, and food.

This was a quick setup I threw together just so I can go practice at some dummies and brandish my unforged RCB in practice mode at QBD. Any comments or feedback would be much appreciated, especially before anything gets too ingrained in my muscle memory!

New UI:

8bCBZK1.png

Old UI:

caLTYS2.png

Edited by TullyCicero

Your UI is how you feel about it. This is what mine looks like. 

1MDzup3.jpeg

1 hour ago, TullyCicero said:

After years of ignoring an atrocious, barely-tweaked from the default U

I do not know how you were able to wait so long. However, there are many who never make any changes. I agree with most that customization of the UI is not the most user friendly thing to do. For a 15" screen, that looks great! Experiment a little before it becomes too comfortable. I recently changed some of my keybinds and have been scared to fight anything. LoL! I got ideas from streamers when watching guides and the like. Here's mine :)

mEzE2fk.png

Lock your interface and fill out the black with more action bars. Here is a pre-excisting thread for interfaces too.