Runescape via Remote Desktop

Triponacci

I had an idea a while back about setting up a remote desktop that I can sign into from any device that allows remote access. That way, regardless if I'm on my work laptop, or traveling and have limited access to devices outside of a phone or tablet, I can sign into a desktop that I have set up from anywhere to play on my account (albeit, I did come up with this idea before they had mobile).

Runescape isn't always a time-delay sensitive game, so I wouldn't worry too much about input lag.

But the one thing I'm curious about is if logging in via remote access would trigger the Jagex bot security due to the connection potentially appearing as anomalous.

Does anyone have any experience with something like this? Would love to hear what thoughts you have on this!

It is do able. Most people use teamviewer. If you want to RDP into it, you would need to make sure the rdp port  3389 is open for tcp on your router. You would then connect via the remote desktop client to your public ip

Thank you for the reply, that's exactly what I was hoping to find!

I'll have to update here if/when I finally get around to setting this up.

So a long while ago, (12yrs) I used to work at a call center! and I too wanted to play rs on my work computer. but feared doing it because of the supervisors or other co workers telling on me! Everything we did on our computers was logged, including "team viewer" But thats the key, It only registered as "Team viewer" on their system when I played rs. 

as far as Jagex being able to track that I don't think its possible, as long as your "remote" desktop main is the desktop you normally play rs on,  it would show the same ip and internet provider to jagex, even if remotely accessing it, because when it comes down to it, your still using that computer you set up. 

@UNFORGIVEwell, in that case I suppose the main concern is that controlling the machine virtually may not register as a real mouse/keyboard, which may trigger their macro/bot detection. But then again, I honestly do not know much about what Jagex does to detect that exactly as there are still bots everywhere, lol.

If your goal is to play on a work/shared computer and avoid detection that seems viable, but if it’s your own laptop or tablet that you’re traveling with why bother with a remote connection if you can just play on the other device?

@RafiVery valid point. Back at the time that I came up with this idea, my desktop was out of commission, and the only laptop I had was fairly old. But to make up for my desktop being down, I had set up an RDP by renting a drop in a service similar to Digital Ocean. It was a really good service while it lasted, but then they gave me issues when my RDP crashed one day, and I just gave up on em. But the idea stuck with me that I could just start having a cloud-based desktop that I can access from anywhere to do anything (mostly music/runescape).

I found an other way for playing Runscape on PC w/o having to install the game, you can actualy play in Chrome browser directly with some Cloud service like Nvidia geforce-now

Or you can allways fallback on your Phone / Ipad ;)