Birds Nests... Why?

Kaltani

Hi guys,

Every guide and person I've talked to when I mention that I'm hardcore grinding elder trees for moolah says "make sure you've got a scrimshaw!"

(Yes I get there are better money makers, but the 5 minute timer works surprisingly well for me when I'm at work, or traveling or whatever, and I need something that's 100% afk and that there's no penalty if I don't make it back to the game.  If they were worth more, I'd likely just do magic trees, since they're easier even.)

Why? What am I missing here?

I get that it makes the nest drops vastly increase, but frankly, the nests and what they drop in no-way seem to equal the cost of the scrimshaw to get them. Even if the rate increased by 5x, I still wouldn't break even.

So again, what am I missing here?

Appreciate you input!

Probably for the hatchet pieces that are in the nest to make the new hatchet - that’s all I can think of 

Like Maggie mentioned, it's definitely about getting fragments to build the new Imcando hatchet. Note that you need to have fully built the Woodcutter's Grove at Fort Forinthry to start receiving them from nests. 

2 hours ago, Kaltani said:

but the 5 minute timer works surprisingly well for me when I'm at work

If you're inclined to set up the Jagex launcher you can bump your AFK timer to 10 minutes. 

I guess that makes sense. However, I think if I'm gonna hard grind for the hatchet, I'll do it on a tree that gives a little better lol!