Runescape Roadmap 2024 speculation

Lions RAWR

Hello Gladiatorz!, 

So today RS has revealed that next week we are finally getting a roadmap for 2024. Something that I know I have been waiting for since January. 

Before the reveal on May 14th, lets have a discussion on what do you think they will reveal?  

Have fun! lets see how accurate we can be... 👀

I have a feeling a certain yak will make his way on a track again. 

They can do anything they want as long as they don’t release any new skills or increase the existing ones to 120.

Hands off my Max Cape!!

I'm fully expecting lots of disappointment and some rushed announcements of scraped together content. :rhon:

30 minutes ago, Rafi said:

They can do anything they want as long as they don’t release any new skills or increase the existing ones to 120.

Hands off my Max Cape!!

You'd keep the Max Cape for 120 expansions!

Jaybear

I'd love to see a lot of major QoL changes that the community has been asking for, but I realistically expect to see a new quest or two and maybe another boss after Osseus.

25 minutes ago, Beric said:

I'm fully expecting lots of disappointment and some rushed announcements of scraped together content. :rhon:

Likewise, but without the content that's scraped together, since it'll be shelved due to technical issues. :glim:

I just hope they don't announce removal of the mage training arena...since I'm spending HOURS gathering pizzaz points atm. 😓

Rework/Revamp of a few non-combat skills along with increasing said skills to 120?

I'm hoping for a touch-up to the extinction-related quest line -- I hate that I have to see these eggs in Senntisten, and it dissuades me from going there ever again.

8 hours ago, elitha said:

I'm hoping for a touch-up to the extinction-related quest line -- I hate that I have to see these eggs in Senntisten, and it dissuades me from going there ever again.

That's the problem with RS.  It rarely does a cleanup from the past storylines ( so new players can experience it). Thus you are left with the eggs post extinction, or Zammy still around post legacy of zammorak. 

On 5/6/2024 at 2:27 PM, Beric said:

You'd keep the Max Cape for 120 expansions!

The in game one, yes. But not my psychological one! I anticipate that 120 necro will take me a couple years yet. 

Rs4
Removed MTX

Improved combat
better feeling tick system

Fully thought out quests and 4 more Grandmaster quests

2 New short quests, a new necro skill. Mid tier ed2/3 boss. At best?

What I’d love to see:

- Reworking or revamping of minigames and adjusting their relevant achievements
- Smithing hatchets beyond rune

- Reducing the number of cookable items (who actually eats the various types of cakes?!)

What's going to happen:

- Pages and pages of ‘exciting’ treasure hunter events

1 hour ago, Deadsurvivar said:

What I’d love to see:

- Reworking or revamping of minigames and adjusting their relevant achievements
- Smithing hatchets beyond rune

- Reducing the number of cookable items (who actually eats the various types of cakes?!)

What's going to happen:

- Pages and pages of ‘exciting’ treasure hunter events

I love your suggestions!  especially the minigames and rewards around minigames.  I like the minigames, and i feel like others could, too, but folks just don't play because it doesn't adequately reward you for the time invested in terms of in-game rewards!