Jailbroke iPhone

Matt Wah

Finally went ahead and did it. Wish I would have alot sooner (Facetime anywhere, free tethering, customization, etc)

Since I'm new to all this, I just want to see other peoples favorite apps and tweaks, or anything else involving jailbreaking.

Finally went ahead and did it. Wish I would have alot sooner (Facetime anywhere, free tethering, customization, etc)

Since I'm new to all this, I just want to see other peoples favorite apps and tweaks, or anything else involving jailbreaking.

Is there anything you can't do anymore that you could do with an "un-jailbroken" iphone?

Is there anything you can't do anymore that you could do with an "un-jailbroken" iphone?

Not that I'm aware of

It makes updating the OS a pain the ass and it voids your warranty. Other than that, not sure.

It makes updating the OS a pain the ass and it voids your warranty. Other than that, not sure.

You can always restore the phone back to factory settings and they can't tell it was ever jailbroken. If for some reason I'm not able to do that I have my old 2g and 3g phones I can use until I get my upgrade in a year, so I'm not too worried.

One of my favorite things that I just found is an app that allows you to wirelessly sync your phone to itunes from anywhere as long as you have a wifi connection. Pretty cool.

You can always restore the phone back to factory settings and they can't tell it was ever jailbroken. If for some reason I'm not able to do that I have my old 2g and 3g phones I can use until I get my upgrade in a year, so I'm not too worried.

One of my favorite things that I just found is an app that allows you to wirelessly sync your phone to itunes from anywhere as long as you have a wifi connection. Pretty cool.

They can actually run a diagnostic and see if it was jailbroken in the past. They just typically don't do it.

They can actually run a diagnostic and see if it was jailbroken in the past. They just typically don't do it.

It's like big government :disapproval:

I'm still using 3.1 or something :(

I jail broke my phone, cracked the entire screen, took it in to a local apple store, and got a new one for free. All I did was recover it back to factory settings.. The guy even ran a diagnostic.

It's like big government :disapproval:

Fail.

• 3 weeks later...

Well obviously Installous and Winterboard. Not really much else I use and I know I'm wasting it but oh well. I'll get the Internet tethering once I get back to the States though.